Still waiting for my new bike !

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Dougie D, Feb 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I was hoping to get my new bike a 2014 speed triple R delivered last week, but the dealer is saying that the transport company they use will be in touch on wednesday to organize delivery.
    When i was first looking at bikes most of the dealers down south would not deliver a bike up to me without me coming down to see the bike first, apparently if it gets delivered to me and i don't like it i can return it within 2 weeks and i'm guesing they don't want to take that risk.
    in the meantime i think i have watched all the videos there are on you tube, and read loads of reviews on the speed triple..now i feel i'm like a kid waiting on christmas! :D Luckily it has not been weather for biking at the moment otherwise i'd be tearing my hair out o_O

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Dougie, I sympathise with you I really do - waiting for a new bike is the pits!!! But it'll be here really soon ;););):D and at least it's winter.

Imagine having to wait while the sun is shining and it's 30°c ?? How shit would that be ?

3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Sun shining,30 degres! i'm in Scotland remember!:eek:

4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    I think the sun has touched Big Lad's brain Dougie, it will be well worth the wait tho' :D

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Oh yes of course, sorry. Sun shining, 5°c a beautiful midsummer day in Aberdeen - The Granite city.

We used to live about 25mls north of Aberdeen and nearby was Fraserborough - or the Bloo Toon as it was nicknamed !

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#6 MrOrange, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    I hate waiting on deliveries. Bought my KTM from a dealer in Sussex, most nerve wracking week of my life, from payment to delivery. Bike looked tidy in the pictures, but can't always tell. When delivered it was way better than I had imagined, so was well chuffed. But that wait and anticipation is a killer.

Moffat Muster- April 9th - not too far from Perthshire !!!! ;) See events section :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    It'll be worth it in the end!!!!!

With regards to the reviews, if you've not watched the Gizmag one on You Tube, it's well worth a watch......done in a way only an Aussie can really!!!! (A lot of their others are good too).

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Just checked the calendar April 9th is a saturday..i work on saturdays :(..am of on Sundays and most wednesdays and fridays though :) so might well see you at some other event

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I'll run the next one on a Sunday ;)

10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I had a great time with my Speed Triple, but was having problems with one of my knees finding it painful to ride on longer trips so changed it for a Tiger 800 (wish I hadn't)
    Did have a mess around with the GoPro on the Speed Thttps://youtu.be/wPxXROMmH3E

11. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've thought about getting a gopro, are they easy to download on to computer and share? or do you have to do a lot of converting before you can share with people? i'm not the best when it comes to the computer! .also do you have different cameras on your bike or was it the case of stopping and changing camera position.

13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    If the company mucks you about, try:Bike2you.co.uk
    Very reasonable price, and very reliable, come rain, shine or SNOW!!
    Got my bike up in atrocious weather, used them twice.
    Terry

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
  15. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Had just one camera and moved it about. It can be tedious editing hours of footage into something short enough to post. There are loads of video editing software about, some free like windows movie-maker and GoPros own package we use adobe premier elements which we paid for but is super quick.

• Like Like x 1
  16. James ellerby

James ellerby Active Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    6th March i collect mine ......... been ordered since 10th Feb Triumph Scrambler :eek:

you can all blame me for the rain as I am purposefully doing the dance until March ...... one team and all that :D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Still not got mine yet, fingers crossed for next week, but as soon as i do the suns going to be shining!:):):):):)

18. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Drifting snow up to 6 feet I've heard!

• Like Like x 1
  19. lucas60

lucas60 Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Eat Ayrshire Scotland
    Hi Dougie D, Hope you enjoy your speedy I certainly enjoy mine, we will have to meet up sometime. I got mine from Perth Motorcycles so get up there from time to time best regards Lou

20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It really is snowing here this morning

P1050146.JPG

• Like Like x 1