Featured Still Own My St Abut Loving My Other Bikes

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Clarkey, Dec 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    IMG_4107.JPG IMG_3852.JPG As the title sayes I'm a very lucky and have a very understanding wife

• Like Like x 11
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Clarkey.
    You must be. Cracking machines. Me I wouldn't have more than one.
    Ride free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Clarkey

Sep 28, 2014
    Joe
    Brought my Speed triple about 4 1/2 years ago about 4 years ago brought the 600 Honda as a none runner guy hadn’t used it for 7 years took me 3 1/2 years to finish doing it up had one brand new in 1991 just had to have another one
    Then the Ducati thing just sort of happened always liked them
    Then all of a sudden I had 3 bikes didn’t plane to and at present I don’t want to sell any of them
    Just take out the bike that fits my mood Happy days
    Cheers
    Clarkey

• Like Like x 3
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Clarkey.
    I was jus messing as I have four. The better half always say I don't need them. But she doesn't mind. Strangely enough the Hornet I have has the same story. It belonged to one of my better half friend's daughter she rode with her dad. When he passed away it stood in a garden for seven years. And it took me about a year to get it back on the road. I just get addicted to them. Do like the Dukes but it time to stop now. You done a terrific job on the honda should be proud of the end result.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    You guys are so lucky. I’d really love to add a Harley (Fat Bob) and a 250ish enduro to my Street Triple, but I just have nowhere to keep them. I’m very jealous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Learningtofly.
    Been into Harleys aswel. Had three wide glides. And a 81 Sturgis. Sounds great but every time you ride the things something goes wrong and they end up costing money you never get back. Nothing comes cheap for them. But don't get me wrong I would have another in a breath. But just love my Triumph's better now.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    nice collection mate :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hippo-Drones
    I don't have the Harleys any more. Just my Three Triumphs and the hornet. The Harleys had to go. I used to go out on the wide glide and end up strange places. Just didn't want to stop riding. But like I said they cost a fortune to keep on the road.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Clarkey

Sep 28, 2014
    Thanks I am a lucky fella would love a green lane bike but not too sure how my wife would react so I will stick to 3
    My dad on the other hand at present has about 12 bikes in his garage he has been riding since he was 16 and is turning 76 on Sunday and has owned every thing you could possibly think of don't know the exact figure but I think he has owned over 500 motorcycles in his lifetime

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    I too have had hundreds of bikes in my time, sometimes you buy a bike you fancy, and end up selling it because it’s not for you, no other reason, but you don’t know until you try them.
    I am down to 4 now, my Street Twin, my Yam RD250/350A, ( not for me, so up for sale), my Suzuki Tempter ST400, owned 7 years, and a Honda 125 scooter as a runaround., I never stop looking though!

• Like Like x 2
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Clarkey.
    Tell Dad he is an original. You know people like your Dad. Are what made us the people we are. Ever sat and talked to him about bikes. I used to love it with my Dad. they know every thing. And stories that make you proud to follow in there footsteps. Yes we are all lucky Fella's. My Dad had a few bikes aswel he would pull them down and build them again in an afternoon. Only one bike he had that he didn't work on. It was an AJS 650 twin. He would crate it up every winter and ship it of to pride and Clarke to be serviced and checked over.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tony Richardson.
    I used to ride the Suzuki Hustlers. Could never beat the RD'S so I just hogged their tail end's till they seized and I got home first.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I am so glad I got a mucky bike for the winter :)

river x edit.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Great collection there, like you I have a very understanding wife, I’ve been up to four bikes in the garage, at the moment I’ve just got the Street Triple, but I’m currently after a 748 or 916 as it’s a scratch I need to itch.

Love the CBR600, I used to have an F3, great little bike!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    They are fun!
    I used to green lane on a DR400 Suzuki a few years back, fell off in a very similar situation to your photo, that's the trouble when you can't see what is beneath the water, good fun and it keeps you fit, wish I had one now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Fortunately the camera man went through before me so I mostly went the same route ish :D
    The engine in my Beta is from a DR, but the old 350cc aircooled engine! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mglemans86

mglemans86 New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Florida, USA
    have 4 riders. 1970 Bonnie, 72 Combat Commando, 86 LeMams and 05 Sprint. I think I need an RSV Aprillia.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Clarkey

Sep 28, 2014
    Spoke to my dad at the weekend he turned 77 he took me to the TT in 78 mike hailwoods come back again in 79,80&81 I didn’t realise how lucky I was at the time 14 years old being taken out of school I’ve been back to the island on my own bikes a few time and countless trips to the BMF rally great memories and made has owned 748 motorcycles so far and he hasn’t finished yet

• Like Like x 3
  19. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    From an RSV owner you're only allowed one once you can spell Aprilia :p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    I was there as well in 78, I thought that the Island would sink as there were so many people over for the TT, cheered loudly when Read's Honda broke down.
    We have been to the Island many times since our first visit in 72, our honeymoon, my elder brother moved over in 71, so we always had some where to stay, magic memories.

• Like Like x 2