Standard Silencers Back On..

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 45Brit2017, Apr 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    so, I’ve put the standard silencers back on my 2013 T100. I was brassed off with the uproar from the Dunstalls; when a road machine of no tremendous performance drowns out my flat track bike, which has open-cap Supertrapps and some quite ambitious engine internals, it’s time for a change.

It doesn’t really make a huge difference, I find. The performance is not QUITE there, but not so as you would really notice. It’s much quieter, which I prefer.

I’ll take it for a gentle run tomorrow, 30 minutes or so and see what the plugs look like ... unless anyone can offer any better suggestions?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    #2 45Brit2017, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Took it out for a gallop this evening, not too far ‘cos it’s COLD OUT, about 25 miles and I was quite pleased. It doesn’t quite have the same snap, but it still pulls well up the “two hills” on the A605 W of the A1 which is my usual test for such things, and goes nicely around the backroads between the A1, Sibson and Elton .. tried a glove over the exhaust later, expecting it to come up “rich” but it was clean as a whistle.

Town performance is improved too, doesn’t have the same “lurch” it would occasionally show with the Dunstalls.

Quite pleased with it.

• Like Like x 4