Stafford Classic Bike Show October 2020

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pistonbroke, Sep 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    I usually have a wander down to this at least once a year and in classic motorcycle mechanics ( a morton publication also the organisers) which landed on the the doormat of pistonbroke towers at the weekend it's all still on....apparently

Much as i'm desparate for things to return to normal, just like the next person, I'm damned if I can see how they'll pull this off in light of todays rule of 6 regulations.

Any thoughts anyone?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. pistonbroke

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    surprisingly enough mr.duck......its in stafford :cool::joy:

(staffordshire county showground just off stafford to uttoxeter road)

• Funny Funny x 9
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I usually go myself to the October show and meet up with some old friends.

I usually search the stands for the hard to find classic bike parts but they are getting hard to find nowadays,I suppose they’ve all been snapped years ago.

You still get the tat for sale on some of the stands such as waterproof jackets for little money,,,,,,,,,,just don’t go out in the rain wearing one though :rolleyes::grinning:

Still it’s nice to wonder round the main halls looking at some mint classic bikes :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    I suppose it will be 'Classic' cos there wont be any bikes there.........

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I was thinking of going as well. I believe it’s tickets only and you can’t get them on the door so they can control the numbers.

6. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Apparently it's still on at the moment BUT entry is by e-ticket purchased in advance only. There will be NO tickets available on the gate.

I usually go but I don't think I will bother this year, there is no way of knowing what the weather will be like and I have been one year when it persisted all day - most of the outdoor stands didn't even bother to open and those that did closed up just after lunch, that's even if it goes ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Just received an email from the organisers, The show has been CANCELLED due to the increase in Coronavirus infections.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. pistonbroke

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    Thats a shame but they are doing the right thing with the current circumstances. Lets hope next aprils on !

• Agree Agree x 1