Sprint St 955i 2004

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Dave L, Jul 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave L

Dave L New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Uk
    Hi all,
    This is my first post so some of the questions I my ask may have been awnsered quit a few times.
    First of all there is a big clunk when I engage first gear and second gear. When warmed up the clunk can happen upto fourth gear.
    I have changed the oil to a good fully synthetic and readjusted the cluck. I have also adjusted the chain slack but the clunking remains.
    Could this be an indication that the couch needs changing ?

Sometimes when I am in a high gear and the reves drop and I excelerate the engin plutters.
    Any advice appreciated

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    My first bit of advice Dave would be to stop drinking so much before posting, and read what you’ve typed before you post.:p
    You need to give us some more info mate, what’s the mileage, has it been serviced regularly in the past, how old’s the chain and sprockets etc.
    If you put the bike on the centre stand and engage first, how much does the rear wheel move with the clutch lever still held in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Uk
    Thanks for replying. Ah yes I did have a few last night as just finished 10 days in work.
    I don't have any sevice history and the sprockets and chain are in good order, no evidence of wear on sprockets.
    When on the centre stand the rear wheel doesn't move with the couch leave fully held in.
    The mileage is 34600

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The 955i is clunking, I like it.