SSSA wheel balancing

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Hutchism, Aug 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Just thought I'd add this as it might save a few people a bit of a headache if you've got a Single Sided Swing Arm. None of my local bike shops could balance my wheel as they hadn't got the correct fitting to balance SSSA Triumph wheels.

Took the wheel to a decent car place round the corner who charged me a poultry £10 to change and balance. Seems that most regular car balancing machines can indeed balance SSSA wheels -just need a competent mechanic and an extra cone which may or may not have been mislaid.

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    They all have 'em round here. Where you from?

3. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    I'm in Shrewsbury. PeteJones - machine is in for repair. Honda Centre - don't have triumph attachment. The few other tyre fitters which regularly do bike tyres also didn't have anything for triumph either. Only other place was Wylie & Holland over in Wellington, 15 miles up the road and unless I could get it too them at an allotted time, the wheel would have to be left with them.

Forgot to ask the Kawasaki dealer... Did seem to be an issue though when I spoke to them on the phone.

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Weird - it's not like Triumphs are a rare species!

5. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Agreed, but this is Shropshire ;)