Sprint St 2003, Missing Fuel Pressure Regulator Hose?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hikerrobot, Dec 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hikerrobot

hikerrobot New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    yorkshire
    Hi all,
    I've recently had some paintwork done on my Sprint ST fuel tank. I took pictures of the hoses before disconnecting, thinking I had it all covered. On refitting I discovered I seemed to be missing a hose! Arggghhhh.
    Apparently there should be a fuel pressure regulator hose, but I'm not convinced it was ever there!
    I have a manual and looked at the photos. Then had a really good look with the tank removed for a hose not connected to anything. No luck.

Could someone please advise if this should be there and is so, where does the other end away from the tank connect to?

Thanks in advance,
    Robert

2. hikerrobot

hikerrobot New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    yorkshire
    After doing some research, it seems that not all bikes had them fitted. So I've not misplaced it and I'm not going slightly mad - yet! :D

Now I've just got to figure the routing of the drain hoses. One is obvious, the other not so. Don't want it to get pinched as the rear swingarm moves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  4. hikerrobot

hikerrobot New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    yorkshire
    2003. See the thread subject. :joy:

It is the 2 smaller drain hoses. They attach higher up than the fuel hoses. I lifted them out when I raised the tank off the bike with them attached, which was a bad idea.

5. hikerrobot

hikerrobot New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    yorkshire