Sprint Sprint st 1050 mapping

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by joe mc donald, Jul 31, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I have decated my 1050 got rid of the maff air sensor on the down pipes and fitted Trident pipes. The bike doesn't want to run to good now and cuts out regularly it also pops and bangs on revving and puff out black smoke. All the Triumph dealers I have spoken to say they don't have a map to suit it just regular maps Triumph supply. Any one know of a fix or some one close to Slough Berks who can help me.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Hi Joe,
    I am boooked in on my Speedie (2010) to have a re-map at Steve Jordan's motorcycles in Surrey (KT23 4RQ) on the 26th this month
    About £250-£300 for balancing and mapping. I have a K&N air filter and after market silencers, no cat and no oxygen sensor (prev owner cut the wire!)
    So def worth it with these changes, apparently a lot of Triumphs standard mapping can be improved upon.

They are a 1h 30 mile drive from Slough

They are recommended to me from these forums, I think it was Crispy

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Red Thunder.
    Thanks for that. Possibly will be the only route to go. I am talking with a dealer at present who may do me a part ex on an almost new Bonneville and as I am an old git I may be tempted to accept if I can get the prices a little closer and this info tells me I can add about £300 to accept the deal. I might have passed you out there as I am south Bucks aswell
    Thanks again very greatful.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I am on the M40 every morning and afternoon all year, so if you are on that route then I would have passed you at some point I am sure:D

5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sliminjack.
    I did think about all the ways. But I am useless with things like computers and maps. Strangely I have just today reinstalled the o2 sensor. I read a lot of reports were people who did this every time they went back to a triumph dealer the bike got messed up with their standard maps. And the three triumph dealers I tried all said they would not want to use any other map other than triumph. So I am going to stick with the o2 sensor. Don't know why I wanted to get rid of it any way as I don't race the bike or don't do track days. Jus a silly old fool trying to relive the dream. Thanks for the advice.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sliminjack
    I have put the o2 sensor back in now. Jack Lilley Triumph have said just drop in and they will run the best map for my set up now. I am going to get my son to give me some training on these things. He does all that on his racing 675 and has taken all the faults of the present system for me. His system is not computer driven he just plugs it into the map plug and it reads all the faults then he eliminates them. He is really busy having blown his engine to bits but he will get around to doing it for me. I am not aware of 12 minute tune please let me know a little more.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sliminjack
    Yes the boy did that today when he came round. He then used his machine and said it reads an o2 sensor fault and cleared it. The bike starts and idles quite nice now but still a little hot. Thanks for all the help. I am very greatful.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1