Sprint Sprint Rs, Do I Get A Centre Stand Or Buy Paddock Stands?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by MartyWilson, Jun 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Hi all, as the title says.
    I was looking at a second hand centre stand for about fifty quid plus post but, for not much more money I could buy a pair of basic 'universal' paddock stands which would allow me to work on things like wheels and brakes easier at home. What would y'all do in my shoes?

On the plus side for the paddock stands, I guess is that they don't reduce how far you can lean over before grounding out but, on the negative obviously though, I won't be carrying them around with me should I, for some reason need to get the back wheel, or the front wheel at a push, off the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I prefer that a bike has a centre stand especially chain driven ones it makes servicing so much easier, it seems that more and more bike parts are becoming extra's making you part with more cash

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon
    Centre stand 100%, makes life so much easier - as has been said already, it's always with you. Makes chain maintenance a doddle, I don't understand why they are not fitted as standard to many bikes now (well I do, it's all about maximising sale of 'extras').
    All that aside if it's anything like my sprint it's got a hell of a lean on when on the side stand.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Well, I think I have both angles covered, I have bought a pair of Oxford paddock stands (Big black ones) and I think I have managed to pick up another RS for spares which has a centre stand on it so I now have both options.

• Like Like x 4