Sprint Gt Bleeding Brakes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aidan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this has been asked before. On my Mercedes, I can bleed the brakes through the ABS system. Is this likely to be the same for my Sprint GT (2016)?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I believe the bleeding part is same as the rest of the bikes. However you might need a diagnostic tool to bleed the ABS modulator. I might be wrong :confused:

This forum is full of mechanically tuned helpful members. I would wait for them to give you the right advice. All the best ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Some cars do have bleed nipples on the ABS unit but its not the best way to bleed brakes ABS units seldom need bleeding unless pipework has been removed, best way on all vehicles including bikes is at the caliper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You can bleed / treat ,as normal and that will do the job, ( quote from dealer mechanic), you can also down-load tune ecu.

http://www.tuneecu.com/

Last I knew the android ( phone) version did brake ABS bleed. Laptop Version did not.
    There really is no need to bleed the ABS, as the amount of fluid in that part of the system is small and will mix through and bleed out next time you service, I was told by the aforementioned mechanic.

So just treat as normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Aidan
    Bleeding those rears can be a bugger. If you empty the reservoir you will have to remove the rear calliper and get it as high as the reservoir. When I had my 1050 I used to just replace the fluid a couple of times and made sure it didn't empty. Fronts were fine.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1