Sportsbikeshop

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stevethegoolie, Jan 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ordered 5ltrs of Motul 5100 oil and an oil filter (cost £35.15) yesterday at 4.30pm and had it delivered before 10am today, even with a slight delay cos the dyslexic courier driver (DPD) got the house number muddled up (all the right numbers but not necessarily in the right order)! Fortunately the young lady who took it in soon realised the mistake and brought it straight round. Bless!:kissing_heart:
    Whilst not the cheapest option I had for oil and filter, it still worked out cheaper than many other combinations eg Halfords fully synth plus Champion filter would have been £36 + £4 plus time and petrol to go buy it. Shell Ultra (as currently used) would have been cheaper but it made the gearchange a bit stickier than before so a different oil was called for - Halfords synthetic works well.
    I do think that around 17 hours from time of ordering to delivery is a pretty decent service.:cool:
    I guess that I can therefore recommend their services.:)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Sportsbikeshop really are top notch on customer service and generally great on price too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’ve also had really good dealings with them.
    I bought an AGV lid off them in my usual size, it didn’t fit right.
    They paid for the return and sent an alternate which did fit..

Spot on from me

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lumpster

Lumpster New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    South Bucks
    Hmmm, can’t say I’ve had a great customer experience from them, as follows...

I had a problem with the fit of a lid I purchased from them. I was in their shop and chap said the lid would break in once worn a few times, though to contact them if not. So I bought it, trusting his advice. After a month, it hadn’t broken in too well as I had a pain across the right side of my forehead. I did as advised and got in touch, via their Customer Support.
    When I informed them of the issue, their customer support team told me to buy smaller inserts... which they didn’t have in stock and didn’t know when they would be in stock. <Useful>. So I went elsewhere and got smaller inserts. These improved the fit, yet didn’t go all the way, as my forehead still hurt if the lid was worn for a while (+60 mins). I got in touch with them again and after I told them I purchased inserts from elsewhere, they subsequently offered me the option to purchase discounted inserts from them which were now in stock. <Pardon, say what? Didn’t they just get the fact I informed them I already had the inserts?>

Long story short...They did resolve eventually problem with the fit of a lid I bought from them, though only after countless emails, calls and hassle. I did go back to their shop. When I did, I met with one of their Managers in store who used the “spoon/tennis ball” technique to change the fit of the lid across the forehead, this was by slightly compacting the inner foam. So, whilst issue sorted, it wasn’t an easy journey by any means at the hands of their customer support team. My advice, go straight to store Manager directly and bypass customer support.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    It must be who you get on the end of the phone, I made one call and got a replacement within days and before the original was returned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Best retailer I’ve ever used, consistently and bar none.

• Like Like x 1