Sport

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ken walburn, Jan 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Sitting at home with a beer, watching Rugby Union, wondered how many of you if any follow any sports as a supporter, player, previous player. Obviously a high percentage is going to be motorcycling, which is fine & one of my favourites, much to the dismay of my darling wife. For those fanatics, perhaps a league table of preference. For me 1: Rugby Union 2: Moto GP 3: Formula One 4: Rugby League.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

1 football
    2 football
    3 football
    4 Moto GP
    5 football
    6 Ladies mud wrestling
    7 football
    8 football
    9 football
    10 Professional tiddlywinks :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Mud wrestling fan then?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Don't tell me you support Brighton!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Eh ? Brighton?:confused:
    Where’d you get that from???
    I don’t think that they have a tiddlywinks team do they?:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Tiddlywinks champions 1867 / 1868! No seriously, you support who? I would take an educated guess but don't want to be on the receiving end of a dilligaf tongue lashing if I am incorrect ( not so sure about the tongue lashing - different site I I suspect)

7. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    1,IOM TT:heart:
    2,Classic racing at Goodwood:heart:
    3,Moto GP:cool:
    4,F1:D
    5,WRC Rally:)
    6,Nascar:)
    7 Football:zzz:
    8,Cricket:zzz:

Basically if its got an engine...

• Like Like x 2
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

SUNDERLAND
    SUNDERLAND
    SUNDERLAND
    I know I know stop laughing :(
    Don’t know if I did something wrong in a previous life or something :confused:
    Went religiously for 40yrs home and away :eek:
    Never won a bloody thing :weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I supported Leed United from the age of 10, so I know how you feel, given up following soccer, fed up with people falling over all the time pretending that have a broken leg. They are not sportsman they are overpaid actors

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    If it ain't motorcycle racing then it has to be Rugby League. Anything else is vastly inferior and not worth me wasting my time on.

That is all.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#11 MrOrange, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
    Compete and watch - Archery, off to Stirling tomorrow for a competition, was hoping to get into top 30 in Scotland (Indoor) this winter, but accident put a dent in that.

Used to play Rec Ice Hockey, but had to give up due to knackered knee and being old.

Watch - St Mirren, I was at the last game at Love Street, I was at the Cup final win in 2013, greatest feeling ever seeing your team win a cup, never thought it could happen. Just got my wife and daughter interested this season (she got a scarf for Xmas!!!!) and they are hooked. Helps that we are kicking arse in the league this year, Man City of Scottish Championship! ¡!!! :p
    And that falling over like they've been shot, doesn't happen in the Scottish league's ;)

Edit: forgot I took up Motorsport, did some grass and tar autotesting, and also doing 12 car rallies. Car club awards night next Saturday, and me and my eldest are getting trophies!!! :p

• Like Like x 5
  12. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Personal opinion, the common thread is that I personally enjoy sport where individuals put there bodies on the line. Let's not kid ourselves, they do this for the adrenaline rush & for the team, but ultimately for the self esteem & the money of course. Tough boys those league players. Very entertaining sport

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Lived in Dunfermline for about 4 years as a youngster. Used to watch most of the home games live back in the 60's. Mixed fortunes for that club. Moved south & started playing rugby union

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Played Rugby Union for 9yrs ( Amateur Sport ), used to watch football ( Charlton, Best, Law, Dunne ect guys with real talent !! ) until they started with the dizziness that means they fall over if someone gets within 5 yds.

1. Rugby Union
    2. Moto GP
    3. F1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    1. Rugby union.
    2. Moto GP.
    3. F1.
    4. TT
    5. Womens football.

Stopped watching men's football about 30 years ago when shirt pulling and spitting became an acceptable part of the game. It's gone even more downhill ever since.
    Women's football is like watching the men's game all those years ago. Still waiting for them to start swopping shirts at the end of the match though. :p:p

• Like Like x 3
  16. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I remember em beating (dirty) Leeds in the 1973 FA cup final, 1-0.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I read somewhere the average NFL game has less than 15 minutes of action

18. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I played local league football, even whilst in the RN, from 17 to 56 years old. I have watched my beloved Blades regularly since 1969, and am a season ticket holder, with my son. I love MotoGP and go to foreign ones when I can. My 1st foreign GP was in 1977. We went to the Dutch TT, and watched local hero Wil Hartog beat Barry Sheene into 2nd. Mick Grant won his 1st GP in the 250 class. I first went to the TT in 1984, for my 1st honeymoon, and have been 5 times in the last 10 years. I love any circuit racing, WSB, BSB and endurance, although the last few years WSB has got boring. I played rugby union a few times whilst in the RN, and love watching the international games. I'm not bothered about any car racing, except WRC, which I could watch all day.

19. Watty2016

Watty2016 Active Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Dorridge
    1.Rugby
    2.NFL
    3.Moto GP
    4.British Touring Cars
    5.F1
    6. Used to be first place until it became corrupt, as it’s the best place to money launder, just looks at the number of Overseas owners ~ football

20. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    10/12 years ago i went to a NFL match while in the states. Got to say the most fun & fantastic atmosphere ive ever experienced as the crowd is all mixed up & NO fighting just banter.

Sprinters quote though seems right lol as the bloody game lasted maybe 3 feckin hours as the game was stopped every time the ball moved lol. Painful + the bar was closing & Indianapolis had strict laws about boozing so...didn't care who won,we went to the pub........but we did miss the cheerleaders antics as they were MEGGA LOL :)

• Like Like x 3