Scrambler Spitting And Popping Scrambler

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by mpllineman, Feb 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    The weather had cleared up and I was going for a ride the other day until I fired her up. She started up easily enough, but when taken off the choke , after a minute to warm up, Nothing but spitting and popping. She would not idle at all, and just barely ran without choke. After making a long block and returning home again I started looking for the culprit. After just a minute and a look over, I spotted the problem. One of the protective rubber covers over the port for synchronizing the carbs was gone. Looks like it just dry rotted and blew away. I didn't have a replacement on hand so I used an old piece of fuel line plugged with a screw to cover and all is good now!

That is a first for me. I have encountered many different problems with my bikes over the years, but never this one. My bike is a 2006 Scrambler, by the way. Looks like on my pre ride checklist I have two more items to add! all's well that ends well. And a proper replacement is in the mail, by the way. That fuel line does look strange.

I just got back home after a nice ride and she is purring like a kitten. The weather here is 71 degrees f and overcast, a lovely day almost like spring.

• Like Like x 1