Speedo And Fuel Guage Questions

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by dth_mgntc, May 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dth_mgntc

dth_mgntc New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United States
    New 2019 Speed Triple RS under 1000miles. Noticed that the speedo is two miles per hour higher than my Garmin GPS. Has anyone else running a mounted GPS noticed this?

I've also noticed that the gas gauge is way off. Low fuel light and estimated range are coming on / less than actual. I've ran it down to zero on the gauge and mileage twice now and only put in 3.5 gals leaving a gallon in the tank. Is this average to the other owners out there or will the computer improve with use?

2. dth_mgntc

dth_mgntc New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United States
    So there is no adjustment available to either of them via the dealership? My previous bike, a 2010 HD Street Glide, had the speedo corrected at a dealership via a Datatool or through the ECU Tuner. (Don't know which)

Seems like with all of the electronics on this bike these two things could be adjusted to user preference. Minor gripes I guess.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Rock on andyc

upload_2019-5-21_18-24-8.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rayvin64

Rayvin64 New Member

Apr 4, 2019
    Fort Myers, Florida
    On my 2000 955i, the speedo reads almost 6 mph higher than gps at 60 mph. 10% off is pretty high, imo, but it is the old school cable driven type. I would assume this also means my odometer reads about 10% higher mileage than is actual also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Cambridge
    For comparison, I have a 2019 Speed Triple RS with 1200 miles on the clock. With gauge showing '10 miles to empty' I got 12.7L into her at the pump (meaning that I had about 2.8L of fuel left in the 15.5L capacity tank). Even if I didn't brim her properly and/or about half a litre would be unusable that means at least 20 miles range when only 10 miles showing. I definitely think that proves there's a bit to spare in the calculation when the light goes on. Reassuring