speedmaster

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by DAVE63, Feb 24, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DAVE63

DAVE63 New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Helrowllo all
    Please bear with me as I'm new to all this, I have a 2010 speedmaster with a long slash cut exhust which sounds as if it has been filled with socks to stop any noise so i'm looking for any ideas on what to put on to give it abit of a growl. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi Dave and welcome to the forum, the Speedmaster comes standard with slash cut exhausts so you might still have the standard pipes on it. Most dealers have the slash or short pipes in stock, might be worth getting a couple of quotes from them?

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    TORS(triumph not for road use) all the way sounds good but not to loud that you become deaf :upyeah:

4. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Pardon?

5. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    to much carbon in the ears CC

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome

7. DAVE63

DAVE63 New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Thanks for the reply.

8. DAVE63

DAVE63 New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Thanks for the help .

9. DAVE63

DAVE63 New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Thanks for the welcome .

10. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi
    Ive got a set of proper triumph straight thru tors in totally mint condition in the box, done 850 miles and yours for £100.00. Not even a speck of dust on them
    Al

11. DAVE63

DAVE63 New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    thanks

Hi
    Thanks for the offer but I think they will be to loud for me , im after a set that are louder than my stock ones but don't want to deafen you.

12. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    #12 Englishman, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    No worries mate, they are stupidly loud. I think all TORS are and your sentiments are those of mine exactly. I found it was hard to hear your own thoughts with the * **** ** things on, They should in my opinion be illegal. (actually, what the fak am I on about? they are illegal) It even says so on the label FFS!

I like the style of the bikes (speedy and America) and I accept that the standard pipes are a little tame. If you do find a suitable compromise between very quiet and stupidly loud, then please let me know. I would love a set of high quality pipes that look good and are legal.

The only positive I can say about the tors is that they are of OE equipment quality and look nice, other than that, I think they are shtie

Ride safe man

Al

13. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Try these guys, they did a very tasty exhaust for my mate's Rocket 3 and were going to do some for my America but I couldn't organise getting the bike to them..... maybe one day.

Keihan Systems

14. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013

Good call Folkbloke
    Worth checking out

Al

15. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I was up there before Christmas helping my mate with his R3 and saw some really nice stainless silencers they said would work with the America. I had a pair of them on a Guzzi years ago and they sounded wonderful. I hate loud exhausts but these have a lovely warm rumble. Loud enough to hear but not so loud as to annoy the neighbours.

Very nice folks to deal with as well. Tell them Steve Wesson of R3 fame sent you :wink:

Cheers

Dick

16. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    I've sent you a PM reference those pipes mate :upyeah:

17. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi Big Dave
    Thanks, I replied