Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured Speedmaster Review By The Mf

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by littleade, Nov 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    • Like Like x 9
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf GRRRRRR
    Subscriber

Mar 30, 2017
    Washington Tyne & Wear
    :grinning: Have to agree with everything he said :)
    It’s a lovely bike that makes you feel good and it’s so easy to ride :)
    I :heart: NUDGER :p

• Like Like x 9
  3. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

#3 Dozers Dad, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    It's not often that I like the later revisions of any bike model.
    IMHO, the Speedmaster up to approx 2010 was a much better looking bike than the later version. With the single front disc & minus the shrouded forks etc.

However, the latest 1200 Speedmaster is a fantastic looking bike! :)
    Especially when compared to its ugly sister Bella Emberg aka the Bobber! :rolleyes:

Other opinions are available :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick
    Subscriber

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford England
    I've been riding our demo at Woburn the last couple of weeks to put some running-in miles on it.

Personally I prefer the Bobber Black for its better ground clearance. The Speedmaster has the same fantastic engine and is a comfier ride than the harsher BB, but it would cost me a fortune in replacing ground-down hero pegs and scraped boots from tipping it in to bends and round-i-bowts. It's definitely an A roads cruiser and not meant to be ridden briskly on the twisties that I enjoy. Once you've adjusted your riding style it is a lovely responsive engine no doubt. I'm looking forward to giving the engine a thorough work out once it's been run in.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Beerman

Beerman Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Wolverhampton
    Spot on review. There's a lot to love, and not much to dislike. The fuel gauge doesn't seem very accurate, and - for me, coming off a Guzzi - chain maintenance is a nuisance. I love it.

Beerman

• Like Like x 1