Featured Speedmaster Speedmaster Pillion Seat Update

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Der Baron, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    Ok promised to update on the pillion pad upgrade for touring. So here it is. Mk1. Quick test ride, no complaints from the Fraü whatsoever. She's a happy wife. Two different types of foam used. Been offered memory foam. A little work to do on aesthetics (needs padded out or trimmed a bit in front corners.), but not really caring much about that, as long as I have no whinging in my ear.
    Overall very pleased. Original pleather from saddle used as apparently difficult to get hold of matt leather.
    Let me know what you think.
    2 week trip to Germany booked end of July raring to go, can't wait.

IMG_20190619_131300.jpg

IMG_20190619_131603.jpg

IMG_20190619_131355.jpg

IMG_20190619_131705.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looking good der Baron, great use of original piping and size wise is much better for longer trips. Enjoy your trip together :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You should be chuffed with that I would be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FairWxRider

FairWxRider New Member

Dec 9, 2018
    Virginia (USA)
    As stated above, you did a beautiful job of matching material and piping. Nice stitching and thickness, too. I would suggest, though (from my passengers' past experience on big cushy cruisers), that if....just IF... you go back into the padding for any reason, consider making the seat concave on top instead of convex. On long trips, the convex shape puts a strain on the tailbone (doesn't give it any support) and bores into (so to speak) the bum (is that what you Brits call it) instead of cradling it. Just a thought. Have a great trip to Germany.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    Thanks

6. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    That looks a good solution .
    The pillion is the only reason I didn't buy a Speedmaster.....my Beloved would not have appreciated it.

7. Steve Gearbox

Steve Gearbox New Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Planning to buy one of these in the very near future. Where did you get the seat mods done or is it a DIY job, sorry if it been asked before, I’m new to this thread.
    Thanks

8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    great job, as said we bit more stuffing required to forward corners, but looks very comfortable, :cool::cool: