speedmaster jacking point

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Joey, Oct 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Joey

Joey New Member

Oct 11, 2016
    watford
    Hi, i need to replace the rear shocks on my 04 speedmaster, can anyone advise where the jacking point is?
    I was thinking of using a hydraulic trolley car jack but am worried of damaging the sump.

There appears to be a frame rail running under the engine - can i lift the bike on this ?

Thanks
    Joe

2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I put a breeze block to one side of the bike, ran a plank under the frame rails and then used trolley jack, jacked the bike up under the plank, under the frame rail. Once high enough, slid another breeze block under the other end.
    Very simple bridge structure, but worked a treat. Will search for an image.

3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Screenshot_20161011-202408.png
    Forgot, needed house brick on top of breeze block to raise high enough to get wheel out.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Phone won't let me edit, so new post.
    Used straps to keep front wheel straight, otherwise it wanted to flop over and tip the bike.

5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I use one of these...

As long as you keep away from the oil filter, you're OK. Bike is very stable
    (BTW, this is not me, I found this video on YouTube)

6. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

I used something similar too, great idea for cruisers

7. unclejonboy

unclejonboy Member

Aug 20, 2016
    ibeeria
    ok good ruse, but any ideas for the Trophy Four, the lowest point is the exhausts pipes, and the space between where the oil filter cover is , is too small to make up a form from wood.
    I have a reasonably hefty bike lift that works by bottle jack, but has two parallel rails about 40cm apart. works on a collapsed parallelogram principle, but needs the bike frame bottom rails methinks.... or are the exhausts man enough? me not thinks. ideas??

8. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    #8 v8dve, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016