Speedmaster 2018 Seat

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Beerman, May 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beerman

Beerman Guest

I had the comfort seat fitted today. I think it's quite a big improvement. Is it worth it? Hard to say, it's not cheap, and my derriere is not terribly sensitive (I thought the stock seat ok). 'The Princess and The Pea' isn't me, but I'm pleased with it.

Beerman

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shamus

Shamus New Member

May 15, 2018
    Barcelona
    Hi, just joined and have some questions re the comfort seat for ‘18 spdmstr.
    Does it seat you higher,lower? Closer to bars? Is it worth it over stock seat?

3. Beerman

Beerman Guest

I think it's a big improvement, but I can't tell whether it's higher or not - it feels about the same. I like it.

The only problem I have is that I haven't worked out how to remove it - the stock is removed by pulling a ring on the LHS which my comfort seat (fitted by the dealer) doesn't have.

Beerman

4. Wicam

Wicam New Member

Jul 24, 2018
    UK
    I fitted the comfy seat yesterday and I'd say, it's not higher and no closer to the bars but after a longish ride I found that, for me, definitely more comfortable with more support behind the bottom of the back.

It is removed in the same was as the standard seat i.e. pull the ring. However, my standard seat was missing the pull ring anyway so I had to use a pair of long nose pliers to pull the end of the cable. I can also just about manage to pull the cable with my fingers but it's a struggle.

Overall I wish the comfy seat was the standard seat and I didn't need to buy another but having splashed out because I was uncomfortable, I can now enjoy the ride in comfort.

5. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Somewhere else on this forum (or it might have been Triumphrat) a poster noted that the seat pull ring is easily dislodged. That is what happened to mine - I tied a shoelace to it so that I can get the seat off.

Beerman

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep agreed my pull ring came off the first time of using. I put it back and wrapped a load of electrician tape around it, seems to have sorted it.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Comfort seat definitely noticeable on longer rides (1 hour +). Gel layer makes initial comfort better and warms up during the ride to fit better. I found the small lumber bar seemed to help. Expensive, but a must for longer rides

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Orie

Orie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    I use the comfort seat for long rides. Also purchased the Triumph brown leather seat for when I want to show off the bike, also okay for shorter rides around town, better than stock. Got the Chrome rail eliminator kit and with the brown leather seat it looks real sharp. The comfort seat feels better for longer rides but doesn't look as good compared to brown quilted leather seat. Comfort seat looks pillow like in comparison to stock seat. Doesn't affect the ride position. I mostly use the comfort seat.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Love to see a pic with brown quilt seat and bar removed. I was looking at the pillion replacement luggage rack, but I managed to get the Mrs on the back for a ride over the holidays, so will wait a little longer.

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Standard seat for me and I think/know it’s all day comfortable :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I liked your pillion replacement. May look at jimmying up the standard on a base for the Mrs if she stays keen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Orie

Orie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    34386126-1C78-4954-B2E5-E2582C3949F8.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Orie

Orie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Hobbsy

Hobbsy New Member

Apr 15, 2019
    New Zealand
    Looks real nice with the red tank.

15. Hobbsy

Hobbsy New Member

Apr 15, 2019
    New Zealand
    How long can you ride comfortably with the quilted seat? I can only do a couple hours with the stock standard seat and looking to upgrade.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve got both :)
    But in all honesty I can’t tell the difference :confused:
    Think the quilted on is more about looks :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed Dilli, there is no noticeable difference between the two. I just loved the brown quilted look.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Was just under 2 hours with std seat :( and have ridden 2 1/2 hours with no issues on comfort seat. Lumber bar keeps the the base supported :cool:

19. Hobbsy

Hobbsy New Member

Apr 15, 2019
    New Zealand
    Yeh sorry, I might not have been clear - I'm trying to clarify comfort rating between quilted and standard. If they're the same I'll just jump to the comfort seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    #20 Der Baron, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    They should have transferred the trigger release and pull cord for you.
    Although I'm disappointed there isn't one on each seat. I think it's a bit ridiculous, stops you chopping and changing quickly. I think the base seat is quite comfortable, whilst the Highway seat is defo more plush. But the standard seat is defo more aesthetic.

• Agree Agree x 1