Speedmaster 2018 Led Indicator Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Beerman, Dec 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beerman

Beerman Guest

If anyone has knowledge of this, I'd be grateful - electrical matters are far from my strong suit!

One of my rear LED indicators has stopped working. The front one on the same side is working, nd the flasher on the instrument panel is 'flashing fast',

The owners handbook simply states that 'the direction indicator light units are sealed, maintenance free LED light units', which is not helful when, er, maintenance is required.

Grateful for any advice!

Beerman

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Thanks Dozer - I haven't tried the dealer because it's not that close, and if it's something simple to do I'm happy to have a go. It hasn't had an accident or bash, so connections should be fine, but I will check.

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Checking the connections on the Speedmaster is not straightforward - visibility of cables is poor. Even getting the side panel off is harder than it ought to be.

I think this will have to go back to the dealer.

Thanks

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Agree the Speedmaster is a twat to work on :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I had a warranty claim on mine that they accepted. Problem was they ordered a left hand front and it arrived and they installed a new right hand one.
    I found the cable was crimping behind the headlamp and fixed. :cool: It’s funny I found the same about the units in the owner manual and thought twats :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf
    You want to see those rockets. They are a nightmare.
    Regards.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beerman

Beerman Guest

As an update: having agreed a date for the dealer to look at this...

The indicator is working again. I am speculating that this might mean that I had somehow got water into the wiring set up - and it has dried out.

Has anyone had this happen?

Cheers

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    :cool:
    Did you check to see if your cable is crimped behind the headlamp? Mine stopped and then started again when warranty was booked to fix. Electrical tape fixed the issue.
    The new one they installed on the right has a much thicker cable to stop this :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Max Holt

Max Holt Fat Max

Oct 8, 2019
    Buxton
    I have an intermittent issue with my N/S R indicator. Same as yours but comes and goes. I've asked my Triumph agent to check it on the last service but as it was working no fault showed up. I'm going to be adding towing lights to the wiring harness soon so I'll give it the once over at the same time. I'll report back any faults I find.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1