Speedmaster 2018 Bike Lift

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Beerman, Nov 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beerman

Beerman Guest

There have been various posts on the subject of a bike lift/jack for the 2018 SM.

I use an Oxford paddock stand with bobbins, which works, but have ordered a Constands XL hydraulic lift to make life a bit easier. Dilligaf's experiences give me nightmares, but I am ploughing on regardless.

I will let you know in due course.

Beerman

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:( It’s a costway AT4842:(
    Cheap piece of shite:poop:
    But I’ve managed to make mine safe with my legendary welding and grinding skills :p
    Also it won’t fit underneath a 2018 Speedmaster without modifying it :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Beerman

Beerman Guest

A useful and clear piece of feedback then, but not exactly a recommendation to buy the product!

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nobody could accuse our Dilli of sitting on the fence mate!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Beerman

Beerman Guest

I used the lift at the weekend.

The summary is that it's excellent - very easy to lift the bike, with both wheels off the ground, and much easier/safer than using my paddock stand (which needs a bit of muscle).

There is a minor bit of faffing about to get the frame past the sidestand so that the balance point is right, but its not hard. There are various you tube videos showing similar lifts in operation - very easy to use, and the bike feels stable when lifted. You should use retaining straps in case the bike beciomes unbalanced, though I didn't.

For basic work on the bike, its good. A full platform bike lift would be better, but for the money and size it recommend this.

Beerman

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1