Speed Twin Radiator Grill

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tosgha, May 22, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Just a very small thing that maybe Speed Twin (and maybe other triumph owners) are not aware of. I took off the radiator grill to have a look at the condition of the fins behind the grill and just to give everything a brush down. Behind the grill in each corner of the grill are little black rubber pads that act as a divider between the grill and the radiator. They are only attached via a tiny sliver of doube sided tape and could (and did) easily fall off and you might not notice. I only did because one out of the four was still attached and the others were on the ground.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Had the same experience when I swapped mine for an Evotech version which has little rubber stand-offs that fit into the grille.
    Still not sure if I like the more modern look, or the way the guard wraps around the sides of the rad, but still can’t fault the quality and fit etc.

I glued the pad back on the original rad grille but you’re right, the sticky tape has lost its stick on all those little rubber squares.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Here's the evidence.

c9f.jpg

ca0.jpg

4. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018