Speed Twin Power Commander

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by MTBskier, Nov 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am looking to install a Power Commander V (PCV) to my speed twin. Not really to fix any issues, but to hopefully unlock any and all HP that the speed twin has to give. I am lucky enough to live in Las Vegas where dynotech, the manufacture, is located. And they have agreed to custom tune it for me for free, so they can have data on the speed twin to share with others. At first I was gung ho, but am starting to second guess myself, thinking “why mess with a good thing?” I absolutely love this bike, and have been fortunate not to have some of the issues others have experienced. I guess I’m looking for anyone that has had a PCV installed on their speed twin or thruxton, and what their experience has been. Does it negate the ride modes (sport, road, rain) etc? Any thoughts appreciated and welcomed!

2. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    I'm sorry to say that, but your point of view is a bit short-sighted. Actually, this is not just about you, but also about the chance to help others. You pass on important information about the software in the ECU without you even having to spend a dime, so that the company can study it and improve the performance of the corresponding year of construction for everyone. The procedure for the "ideal" adaptation of a motorcycle to the respective driver and his hardware is already time-consuming and very extensive anyway, you also help the company to keep the costs for their customers small. :eyes:

3. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    The tune would be free, the PCV is not, so a fair amount of my own money is still being spent. Of course I understand the data helps others who buy a PCV in the future, and am more than happy to let them use my bike for that, if in fact that is what is best for my bike. I still have to look out for what is best for me and my bike, as I am sure anyone else would do the same.

• Agree Agree x 1