Speed Twin Fuel Indicator

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Bryf, Jun 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Was out for a spin today and thought I would run the fuel level down low just to get an idea of how far I can chance my luck before actually running out of fuel. The low level indicator light came on with the number indicator saying I had around 38 miles left, (the handbook says when the light comes on there should be around 3 litres of fuel left in tank), anyway carried on until the indicator was showing 8 miles left and filled her up, the tank capacity is 14.5 lts so thought it would take maybe 13.5 to 14 lts to fill but the very most I could squeeze in was 11.5 lts, so would seem there is quite a good safety margin.

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thats very good to know.... What was your total distance on that tank full?

3. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Stupidly I forgot to set my trip meter at the previous fill, I reset it at this fill though so will do the same again.

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ok. I will do the same and we can compare results...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi Wessa, here's my last results, ran the bike till there was zero miles left (indicator was just showing three lines), petrol station was only half a mile down the road from this point, at fill up my trip meter was showing 166.2 miles from previous fill and managed to squeeze in 12.33 litres, this was bike in sport mode with mix of riding, quite a bit was fairly spirited riding though, fuel used was super unleaded (Shell V Power) which I have used on all my bikes for a good number of years now. Its good to know that there is a good safety margin within this bike and got to say that I personally, am well impressed with MPG it is delivering. Be interesting to see how your bike compares?

fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg IMG_0649.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That is impressive. I’ve not had a chance to test mine as I was real busy before starting my Ireland trip. I get home next week, so should be able give it a go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Good to know there is plenty in reserve :), on the last 2 fillups the light came on su's bike saying 47 miles to go and we spent £11.50 topping up in each bike.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ok filled up today and went for a 95 mile run. Computer is showing 61 to fill, so it looks like circa 150 miles on a tank is possible. I will have another run out in next couple of days and see where I get to once reserve light has showed.
    Wessa
    20190620_123554853_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Looking good Wessa, guessing if you run it to zero ish you will be well in excess of the 150 mile mark, I have noticed the "miles left" fluctuates quite a bit on mine dependant on how I ride it. As I said previously I am really impressed with the MPG, maybe more so as my other bike is a greedy whoooore of a thing!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed the miles do fluctuate depending on how you ride, but yes the MPG seems quite good for a large bore bike....

• Like Like x 1