Speed Twin Footpeg Blobs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bryf, May 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi, just joined site the other day after purchasing my first Triumph last week (long overdue), bought the new Speed Twin, absolutely loving her already. Just got her past the first 300 miles today and was able to open her up a little bit more afterwards but have already started to wear down the footpeg blobs, anyway thought I'd remove them to check the size whereupon I would order some ordinary cap head bolts to replace them when they get worn down further (as I have done with my previous bikes), however it seems they are not a standard thread, I compared them to an ordinary 8mm metric bolt and the thread is a lot tighter, anyone know what size they are???

2. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Just in case its of any interest to anyone in the future, I managed to find out the size with the help of Andy from this site, looks like they are M8x10 but with a pitch of 1mm as opposed to the standard pitch for this size of bolt of 1.25

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Just made enquiries with my local dealer regarding availability and price of replacement footpeg blobs didn't have them in stock but said they could order them for me, so enquired the price before agreeing and was absolutely shocked to be told £8.15 for one tiny steel bolt therefore £16.30 for a pair, what an absolute rip off, not hard to see why they made them with a non standard thread, I normally get through 4 to 6 sets a season (previous bikes) so would set me back somewhere around £65 to £98 a year, DISGRACEFUL

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
  5. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi SpeedTwin1200, thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated, I did manage to get some cap bolts 12mm long which do the job perfectly, however due to all the damage caused by leaning to the limit (have damaged, exhausts, marked/scraped side stand, gear lever and bent and scraped brake lever), I am trying to completely alter my style with this bike and not let the bike ground out at all now, I've been using my toe sliders as a guide to stop going too far over, costing me £12 a pair but better than causing anymore damage to bike.

• Like Like x 2