Speed Twin Exhaust

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Bryf, Jun 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi, was out for a spin this morning and gave the bike a wash and clean upon returning, (bike is only 1 month old and just done over 900 miles), I had noticed lots of small blemishes on my exhausts but thought they were just dead insects, anyway when trying to clean them I then realised they actually were marks where the paint has chipped off, (pipes on both sides are the same). I am at a complete loss as to how this could have happened as it has never been anywhere other than tarmac, and on good roads at that, its also garaged every night. I have never had anything like this in the past and have owned lots of bikes, (my other bike at the moment is an Aprilia Tuono which also has a black exhaust and has no marks on it whatsoever, to be fair its exhaust does sit a lot higher than the Speed Twin though) Anyway was wondering if any other new Speed Twin owners have noticed anything similar with theirs??? photo of R/H pipe attached.

fullsizeoutput_279.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Definitely a warranty job there, get it back to the dealers :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Yes, might take a trip out to dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep agree back to the dealers....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steve_spike

Steve_spike Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Surrey
    I hated the black part on the stock exhaust as soon as I saw it and knew it would be difficult to keep clean as with all matt finishes.
    I had a deal and got weslake short pipes fitted for free.

ST FORUM PIC 1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    They look neat....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ohh I like those! Been waiting for more exhaust options and was hoping for something shorter like this!! How’s the sound?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MTBskier

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    I haven’t had any issues with paint chipping on mine, but even if it does I won’t be too heart broken as I plan on swapping them out at some point. Bike has just shy of 1400 miles on it now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    @Bryf Did you have any luck at the dealers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steve_spike

Steve_spike Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Surrey
    Sound wise for me spot on without the baffles ... even had a random biker who I overtook, stop and say how great the sound was lol And only £250 for the pair ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bryf

Bryf Guest

The day I was going to go was pissing with rain so didn't bother and haven't had another chance to get through yet !! will maybe try to get there at some point this week, I will let you know their response when I do though.

12. Bryf

Bryf Guest

The day I was going to go was pissing with rain so didn't bother and haven't had another chance to get through yet !! will maybe try to get there at some point this week, I will let you know their response when I do though.

13. MTBskier

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Not a bad price at all, ends up being about $350 when shipped to the US. Are they the thruxton exhaust, that happen to fit the speed twin? I don’t see a speed twin option online. And Is that the brushed or polished?

14. Steve_spike

Steve_spike Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Surrey
    Yes from the Thruxton, they are brushed but I buffed them with Solvo .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi again, finally got round to visiting my Triumph dealership (Edinburgh Triumph) on Tuesday regarding the paint chipping on my exhausts, spoke to the service manager who had a look and took some photos to forward on to Triumph, anyway he phoned me back today (Thursday) to say that they would replace the pipes under warranty, happy days!!! So its hats off and a big thank you to the service manager at Edinburgh and to Triumph UK.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It will be interesting to see whether you have a similar problem with the new ones?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Great result Bryf :grinning:

• Like Like x 1