Speed Twin Discounts?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by chris hill, Jan 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chris hill

chris hill Member

Oct 6, 2016
    harrogate
    Has anybody managed to get any discount off a new Speed Twin (cash purchase, no trade-in)?

If so, could you say how much and from where?

TIA

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    No idea but have you tried separate emails to sales managers up and down the country asking what they have sitting on the showroom floor and their ‘best cash price or other sweeteners’?
    A new bike is only going to come through a franchised dealer and the worst they can say is **** ***. They probably can’t advertise a willingness to haggle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. chris hill

chris hill Member

Oct 6, 2016
    harrogate
    I probably will do that. Just thought I'd ask to try and narrow down the field before emailing dealers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Agree with above statement, there are only two answers in life YES & BOLLOX

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    So far, discounts on the Speed Twin have not been a thing in the states.

However it is one of the few motorcycles that is worth paying full price for. It’s reasonably priced for what you get. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chris Hill.
    Yes do haggle most dealers may not shift in price but will throw in a few accessories worth the haggle. The weather doesn't help you much here as there is still multitudes of bikes out there and riding so dealers are doing trade.
    Regards & Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeepster

Jeepster Member

Here in America one can generally get a 10-15% discount for being a Veteran. Military, Police, Firefighter and any kind of service to your country where you put your life on the line. My dealer in Loisville, Ky gave me the price of the optional paint job plus 15% on parts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Craig Love

Craig Love New Member

May 11, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Just picked up a 2019 Speed Twin last week. $9899, but $12,200 out the door after tax, destination, dealer prep, and license. Got 15% off of parts too. So happy I jumped on it. Almost let it slip through my fingers. Let the mods begin!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    That’s a great price! Congratulations, you are going to love the bike.

And now you can easily justify spending the money for a Meerkat crossover, a tail tidy, and some fully adjustable rear shocks. :)

Who is your dealer? It sounds like you enjoyed working with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Craig Love

Craig Love New Member

May 11, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Went to Elk Grove Powersports. Love the bike. Grew up around Bonnevilles. My dad and my uncle both have 67 Bonneville’s and dad has an 01 Bonneville and my uncle an 05. Already ordered the Vance and Hines, headlight bezel, front brake reservoir, rear bobbins for a lift, and a British Customs Tail Tidy. I want the TEC cat delete. Not sure if I can get it yet and it will have to be ordered out of state. Then maybe a power commander. I probably will work on suspension. Had it leaned over to near the edge of the rear tire on Friday on one of my favorite roads. It was hot and I could have definitely used more damping, but I was riding faster than I should have been anyway. Oh, also ordered the throttle spacers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Craig Love

Craig Love New Member

May 11, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Went to Elk Grove Powersports. Love the bike. Grew up around Bonnevilles. My dad and my uncle both have 67 Bonneville’s and dad has an 01 Bonneville and my uncle an 05. Already ordered the Vance and Hines, headlight bezel, front brake reservoir, rear bobbins for a lift, and a British Customs Tail Tidy. I want the TEC cat delete. Not sure if I can get it yet and it will have to be ordered out of state. Then maybe a power commander. I probably will work on suspension. Had it leaned over to near the edge of the rear tire on Friday on one of my favorite roads. It was hot and I could have definitely used more damping, but I was riding faster than I should have been anyway. Oh, also ordered the throttle spacers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    A question about your choice of mods. Why have you decided on the TEC X-pipe? I'm a fan of TEC parts in general and have several bits on my bike but their X-pipe has had a few negative comments on this forum, mainly to do with fit (although other people report no problems). Have you considered the Motone X-pipe? It costs more but is fantastic quality and a great fit. Highly recommended.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Craig Love

Craig Love New Member

May 11, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I guess I need to do more research. Just got on the forums. Up to this point, I just saw things on Youtube. I like how they use all the stock mounting points with the TEC pipe and claimed it was developed on the dyno. However, it sounds like it was developed for a different motor but fits this bike too. I thought I did see a dyno on a Motone and it had no power increase. I am reading a few posts that claim the exhaust mods don’t help performance. Hard to believe with how choked up it sounds. I want the better exhaust note anyway, but this bike will hit the drag strip so I would like more power as well. It has to beat my old bike that ran 11.97 @ 110mph. That bike burned up in the Tubbs fire in Cali 2.5 years ago. Finally back on a bike!! Old bike was a 91 Kawi Zephyr 750. Naked with an nline 4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Try cobb&jagger in Shipley, they do discount for cash, you can try on the phone or emails but if your not an existing customer then it might not be as affective, I would ring and arrange a time to go, talk to Pete in sales,with cash (bank transfer)he’ll do you a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Sugartown Cabaret
    Not sure 'bout the UK, but in the US you are probably better off framing the deal with financing over cash. I say that because they sell off the note and get commission on financing usually as it is an additional "product" sold. Use that to your advantage and have them split that spiff with you in a pre-tax discount. Then take your cash and pay it off in first few payments as the interest would be negligible.

Timing is another factor. Best to buy in the peak of late fall, early winter off season. Or find the 2yr laggard on the showroom that hasn't moved on ebay. Sure the color is not what you preferred, but you just shaved off 3 grand and got free first service.

Another trick is to see if the dealer would take some portion of the deal in credit card, assuming you have one that pays you back in rebate % dollars or air mile points you can use elsewhere. You would be surprised some will take 50% of the deal on a card. Do this only if you have the cash to pay the installment when due.

Of course, I never buy "new" and wait for the savory used secondary market deal. Ya know, the guy whose wife gets pregnant the same year he buys it, or the divorce, or the moving relocation, or the second wife\girlfriend bike who didn't take to riding. The search is half the fun but you have to be a patient fisherman.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Dealers get kick-backs from finance deals here in the UK too. Many Triumph dealers are actively pushing PCP deals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    I bought my Speed Twin in March (replacing a stolen Tiger 800) and bought it on Triumph finance (through Black Horse). I’m not sure if the offer is still on but Triumph were coughing up £750 towards the bike when you bought it on finance. So that wasn’t bad!

Edit. Just looked at the offer expired today:

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/offers/uk/latest-offers/speedtwin-deposit

• Like Like x 1