Featured Speed Twin Custom Seat

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tosgha, Jan 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Just arrived today! Have barely sat on it yet but had to take some pictures. Wanted a seat that looked factory. Something similar to the Thruxton and with superior foam inside.

DSCF0603.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Wanted a practical material so went for a faux leather rather than real so as to be able to use in all weathers. Simple Triumph logo on the back and not too many panels or piping. Can't seem to upload the front view for some reason.

3. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Seat seems to be noticeably heavier, the seat base is the same so the extra weight must be the medical grade foam. Time will tell just how extra comfy it is. Did not find the original seat too bad for comfort but every little helps.

DSCF0605.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Just come back from a quick short ride to work . Still some ice about! Not sure if it is the textured material or the foam or both but feeling very plush.

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Very nice :)

20190911_113725.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very nice, Tosgha! To my eye, the lines of that seat go very nicely with the lines of the bike. Good choice! Hope the comfort aspect works out for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Looks great. (Both)

Toshga, I guess you are not taking any pillions now or do you just swap seats or does the grabrail serve another purpose? Carrying stuff or luggage system?

Both, who made them?

:)

8. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    I have the original seat still so I can swap back if I need to take a pillion. The grabrail was a Triumph one modified to fit the Speed Twin (I have posted images of it being made on here somewhere). The purpose of the rail was if I needed to carry my huge Almax chain anywhere (which I have never needed to yet). I thought that the rail would look out of place with this seat fitted but it is quite a faff taking it off so I will probably leave it on. The custom seat was made by HURLEY CUSTOM SEATS based in Scotland. Very helpful chap who gave me numerous suggestions as to how it should look.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Like you i thought about having another seat covered but i had already seen the the Hanse Qustom seat on a speed twin before i bought mine and went for the easy option lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    I did not want to use the existing base so I had to look for a second hand Speed Twin seat and could not find one, so I had to buy a brand new one (the brown comfort version). At least I got it for a very good price but a shame it had to be pulled apart to make this one.

• Like Like x 2
  11. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Worth the effort though as yours is unique :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Nothing wrong with yours either, looks good to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michael McDonough

Aug 13, 2020
    Windsor, CA.
    I am still wondering why Triumph stopped making the OEM single seat.