Speed Twin Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by JPB, May 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    I've been into my dealer today and great news, they have 2 speed twins due in next week, one red and the other silver and the silver one is mine. All being well, it should be with the dealer next Saturday, so I am within touching distance of getting this truly great bike.
    Part chopping my Speed Triple R in, 67 plate if anyone interested before the dealer gets a good deal. 800 miles only with arrows exhaust. Mint condition.
    Can’t wait for the speed twin.........

83A7D359-4BDC-4349-B052-EAF2721FADAF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi JPB and welcome to the forum :cool: good luck with the new ride, that are quite sort after and many on here have had long waits

3. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Many thanks Dartplayer, I’ve had mine on order since mid Feb, seems like forever! Looking forward to the new ride and for a good summers worth of riding.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobbo

Hobbo Member

Feb 22, 2019
    UK
    I’ve had mine since March, and absolutely love it

Just had its 1st service yesterday

Role next Saturday for you!

5. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Cheers Hobbo, I can’t wait! Based on all the positive comments from current owners, I think this bike will be a great purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I hope you enjoy your new ride! From all the comments on this forum, it is indeed THE hot topic of discussion.

7. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    Curious to know why you would swap a speed triple with only 800 mls on it for a speed twin?
    I test rode one a cpl of weeks ago and loved it but not sure I’d swap my triple for it.
    The fact that the dealer offered me a p*ss poor trade in price didn’t help! :confused:

8. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Hi Samz, I’ve been riding street and speed triples for some years now and wanted to move to a classic style bike at some point, but never quite liked anything enough until I saw the new speed twin. I’ve not done enough miles on the triple due to previous work commitments, but now I can spend more time on a bike, I thought I’d give the twin a go. I loved it when I took the dealers demo bike out after the launch event and I really like the riding position and it’s style. Life’s too short, so I am lucky enough to change, so another chapter for me with Triumph bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    Got to admit I was mightily impressed when I tried one.
    Need to have a go on the scrambler now to compare. :)

10. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Still waiting, promised 2 weeks ago, then expected today and now told next week. Dealer has been invoiced by Triumph for it, so more confident i’ll get it next week! Just in time for the Bank Holiday, hope it doesn’t rain!!!!!

• Like Like x 2