Speed Twin Clutch Whine

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by McMagni, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. McMagni

McMagni New Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Aberdeenshire
    I see I am sharing the noisy brake woes some S/Twin owners are having but is anyone also having clutch squealing too?
    With the bike warmed up pulling the clutch in elicits a short squeal, it does the same with the clutch in coasting to a halt. With that and the brakes it a bit of a comedy moment pulling up ... although I’m not finding that funny on a bike with about 3k on it. British Bikes eh! and other ‘derisory’ quips usually ensue. LOL.
    Off to the dealers I reckon.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. McMagni

McMagni New Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Aberdeenshire
    Complete new clutch going in, spring failure has damaged plates etc.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McMagni

McMagni New Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Aberdeenshire
    New clutch in and seems fine. Clutch cable outer melted on exhaust during the replacement operation though. New clutch cable on order. And the good old brake squeal/ vibration started again before I had gotten 500 meters from the dealer. Not good at <3000 miles ... FFS!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Feel sorry for ya.
    Anyone wanna buy my Triumph!?
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Sorry you're having troubles mate, I can't help I'm afraid but surprised no-one has piped in yet ;);)
    Hang tight, there are some proper spanner types in here who may have some suggestions :):) Am sure they'll be along soon :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    McMagni.
    Welcome to the family. Bit of trouble you are having there but same as most dealers these days with cutbacks. If your bike had melted the clutch cable I'm surprised the dealer let it go without replacement. Do make sure they check your clutch drum for warping and the clutch springs are right. It really is most likely one of these. Anything like bent shafts I would be refusing the bike return. When you get it all sorted do drop us all a picture of the steed.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1