Speed Triple Starter Motor

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Andrew Eames, Jan 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew Eames

Andrew Eames Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Hi guys, hoping to have a bit of help here.

Unfortunately my starter motor in my speed triple 2011 is no more. I have seen a low mileage used one on evil bay and it looks great and cheap apart from the part numbers dont match.

My starter i took off is 1310605 part no and the one iv seen is from a 2013 part no 1311114. Does anyone know if it will fit? Or if there are differences between year what they are? I know the mountings are different at the back on older ones but these two look identical.

Iv searched online but not found anything to help. Hope you guys can!

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    As far as I know the engines were the same from 2011 to 2015 so it should be ok. Good luck.

3. Andrew Eames

Andrew Eames Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Thanks very much. Im going to ring triumph to see if they can see any reason for it not to work.

My guess from what iv seen is the one i want to buy is from a r version. Mine is standard but cant see why it would matter personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a look at www.worldoftriumph.com in the 'parts' section where you should find schematic drawings of the relevant areas of your bike.
    I have heard it said that some part numbers are WoT,s own rather than actual Triumph numbers. This may or may not still be the case.

5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    The fowlers give triumph part numbers and you will note that wot add about 5% to retail prices.
    https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/triumph

• Useful Useful x 1