Speed Triple - Seat Reshape/Lowering

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Paul C, Jul 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Northern Ireland
    Folks

I'm small, and I mean real small, and although I have already made a bit of an effort to reshape the seat on my 09 Speedy, I still find myself tip toeing around precariously whilst at a standstill. For those not of limited stature, you really have no idea how scarey this feels. That feeling of 'oh sh*t, oh sh*t, I've got it, I've got it. Oh sh*t, I aint got it', is one that I can do well without. Anyways, I was wondering anybody got recommendations for companies who reshape and lower seats (pics would be nice). I have ruled out suspension lowering, as it's pain, and refuse to replace my legs with longer ones (which would also be a pain).

Cheers

Paul C

2. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Paul - suspension lowering is fine and will cost about £60 from lust racing - I've had my 13 Speed done and the forks dropped approx 20mm and i'm 5'8. You won't save much on the seat inside leg curve due to the bike frame plus you'll have zero seat comfort. So its platform boots or a lowering link!

• Like Like x 1
  3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Oct 5, 2013
    suffolk
    I find the seat a real pain on my 94R, would like to find someone to reshape it, slides you in to the tank for ever lifting myself back.

4. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Both

Had a seat resculptured by David Haden who resides near Walsall.
    Tel 01543375437.

Did a great job on my ST Sprint seat as I am a shorty.

Hope this helps

Mark :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. marko

marko New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    wf31ay
    ive looked at my forks & would only get about 12mm before it went past the same thickness diameter of top of the fork, if u know what I mean

6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    There are few members here who have gone the Triumph Low Seat route with success. I am only 5"6 with Triumph Low Seat and it certainly helped me during the time I owned the Triple.

I never went the suspension route as I heard mixed reviews about lowering. I have a tendency to really push the bike in the countryside roads hence I went the Low Seat route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Platform boots?

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I was in Stowmarket recently at MCT collecting some upgraded suspension parts for our Street Triple 'Daytona' conversion (watch out for ride report in upcoming MCN and Performance Bike). Anyway a diminutive young lady was there having low suspension put on her Speedy. Completely transformed the ride for her she reported after her test ride. Loved it she said. Went from tippy toe scaredy to complete confidence.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    That's good results. I heard when you do a little spirited riding the handling is not spot on. Just what I heard! I personally never went that route so would never know