Speed Triple Rs Steering Damper

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Gixer7502, Aug 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    Has anyone fitted a steering damper to a Speed RS? If so what and from where? Thanks!!

2. Ghriogair

Ghriogair Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Edinburgh
    Cant say I have found the need for one? I have found the RS to be very compliant and soaks up uneven bits of road without shaking its head even at flat out?
    I can think of a couple of occasions where the R1 I had before the RS would have got a bit bent out of shape even with its steering damper, when the RS has not?
    So what are you doing with yours, is it shaking its head, or doing tank slappers?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    Neither yet as still running it in. Just hit 500 miles!! Was just planning ahead more than anything for what I might need once it’s fully run in. Guess I’ll see how it goes without one for a while then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghriogair

Ghriogair Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Edinburgh
    Yeah, I think you will be pleasantly surprised, I have found no need to have a steering damper and I have run mine in, and am up to 2500miles so far and I have been pushing it quite hard. So hard I had the traction control flashing away in Sport mode. No sign of an need for a steering damper so far...….