765 Speed Triple Rs - Orange Fork Reflectors

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Ghriogair, Jul 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ghriogair

Ghriogair Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Edinburgh
    There are on each fork of my Speed Triple RS a nasty orange reflector.

Since owning the bike for the past three weeks I have been eyeing said orange reflectory things with more and more distaste.

The problem is that the forks say Ohlins on them and any damage, however slight, caused by trying to remove reflectors would make me cry, and/or throw things around whilst shouting?

Has anyone had the cahoonas to remove their reflectors and if so how did you do it?

Speed Triple RS.jpg

2. Ghriogair

Ghriogair Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Edinburgh
    Erm, the hairdryer sounds fine? Lighter fluid though Andy??? Do you know my mate who tried to syphon petrol by candle light? Wooden shed, 3 bikes, say no more.....
    Thanks, I wondered if a bit of heat would do it, the reflectors do move about if you gently push and pull and I'll see if I have any lighter fluid left from my Zippo days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Took those orange things off as soon as I got my Speed Triple home
    I used floss string and used it like cheese wire to get the reflector and much of the sticky stuff off, then WD40 on a cloth to get rid of what was left

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    You can just peel them off and then roll the sticky pad off. I also hacksawed off the rear side red ones, but it looks like you have a tail tidy so won't need to do that.

5. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    Peeled off with a zip tie used as a floss. Remove any residue with WD-40. Done.

• Like Like x 1