Speed Triple Rs Levers On A 2017 R

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MattP, Mar 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    Has anyone fitted the RS levers onto a previous model R?

They look much better and the adjusters are a lot nicer, I'm just not sure whether or not they would fit.

2. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    The RS brake lever has adjustable leverage so I would think it unlikely on the brake side .

3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    i was thinking of taking the new brake mc and putting it onto my speed s, don't knwo if the wiring connectors are the same

4. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    You'd need to change the entire master cylinder, because the modulation adjuster wheel on the lever is specific to the master cylinder itself - making it a very expensive lever change o_O

Perhaps not very well explained, but it's based on the fact that when my modulation adjuster wheel seized up, Triumph replaced the master cylinder along with the lever...and even the brake lines too! They said it was all one part - and it's also the reason why you can't change the levers on an RS (unless anyone knows different?).

The lever/cylinder is a Brembo MCS 19:21.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    Thanks for that, very helpful.

I rather suspected that it may not be a simple and inexpensive job, as the master cylinders on the World of Triumph website have different reference numbers for the R and the RS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    I've looked into this as I would like to do the same. Clutch lever assembly is £75 from world of triumph, you need ti unscrew the sensor from your old one and screw to the new one. The assembly includes the lever.
    Brake side you need a new mc, £220 if i remember correctly. So not a cheap option but one i may go for in the future.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. manbitescat

manbitescat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea