Speed Triple Rs Fault And Customer Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jonboro, Jun 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    My bike went in with a fault code on the dash which triumph dosent know what it is . This will be the 3rd weekend without the bike now as i have been informed triumph now recommend a complete new wiring harness for the 500 mile bike. The customer service from newcastle triumph is second to none it dosent exist. I can say that after being so excited to get my rs i am now thinking what a pile of overpriced rubbish i have bought . Looks good but dig deep and the quality and service are rubbish i have alsi had the bike 6 weeks and the quick shifter extra cost is not in until july 13th on back order.
    As it stands i will never buy a new triumph ever again.
    Hope no one else goes through the problems i have had it totally ruins the experience.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: I’ve just ordered a new Speedmaster from Newcastle Triumph :worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

3. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    I am waiting ti see what happens and if this dosent sort it i will be going down that route thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Nice as pie when buying but i have to say after given them a mouthful about there unbelievable customer service it leaves a bad taste in the mouth

5. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    I know its unbelievable you have a fault code and triumph dont know how to fix it you couldnt write it

6. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    How do you go about the not fit for purpose route is it the dealer or straight to triumph

7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well it’s ordered now :confused:
    I’m good at making a scene in a shop if I have to :mad:
    Should be ok for me though cos I’m not from boro :joy:

Sorry Jon I’m only kidding :p
    I love you really :kissing_heart::p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

You’ll have to let us know what the outcome is mate
    Hope it all works out for you :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with your RS and dealer
    Jeez, am I the only Speed RS owner on here that 's not had an issue?
    Between us, 'er indoors and I have had 6 Triumphs, a '97 T595, a 2001 955i Speedy, a 2002 955 Daytona, a '07 Street 675, a 2011 Speed 1050 and now the RS. All but one purchased new, even the "pre-loved" one had only 600 miles up
    The 595 had a EFI return pipe disconnect while in France when 6 or so weeks old, the 955 'tona was subject to a recall. Other than that all have been solid buys and owned for a minimum of 5 years and the 3 supplying dealers have all been great
    T

• Like Like x 3
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: Could be that they’re being totally honest :)
    The bike is showing a fault code that nobody recognises:confused:
    That’s what they’re saying to you and it would be of no benefit to anyone to pretend otherwise :(
    A less than honest dealer might of cleared faults and gave you the bike back hoping it wouldn’t show again :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  12. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The thing with fault codes is they are generic ! By this I mean they are agreed upon or enforced so all manufacturer's have the same fault codes in their equipment (ECU's) even if the machinery attached doesn't have that equipment fitted !! So a faulty diesel engine will give *"xyz "* as a fault code and so can a petrol motor ! But the most likely cause for an extraneous fault code is an electrical gremlin causing a false read for the " ecu" which now reports a fault which cannot occur in that type of vehicle as it's not likely to have say a "urea" injection system like diesel exhaust systems now have ? I have seen really weird codes on heavy vehicles ! Such as number 8 cylinder firing late and it's a "6" cylinder engine !!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    I know but if triumph who make the bike dont know what it is , it dosent fill me with confidence with it at all

14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It can happen though mate :confused:
    I’m a plant fitter by trade and we quite often get unrecognised fualts showing on machines :eek:
    Even after getting in touch with manufacturers and they don’t know what the fault is :(
    Sometimes these things take time to get to the solution and I understand your frustration :mad:

15. Robert Castledine

Robert Castledine New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    I know how your feeling as I had a Street Scrambler with cold starting problems and even emailed Nick Bloor to no avail with no compensation for it going in 5 times and even back to the factory, so I know it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I swapped it for a 765s speed triple lets hope that doesn't go west.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Its annoying the customer service is absolutely unreal i cant believe the arrogant attitude they have i hope this sorts it if not i. Getting it replaced i might even just say ram it ill have a refund go somewere else

17. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Got my bike back over the moon 20 miles later rac on speed dial the connector for the petrol tank come of unbelievable

• WTF WTF x 3
  18. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Needed a new wiring loom as original faulty

19. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Im getting a quick shifter soon dread to think whats going to happen

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. SpeedTripleRS2018

SpeedTripleRS2018 New Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Dublin Ireland
    had a load of issues with my new Ducati Multistrada thats only eight months old now, sick of it at this stage so trading it in now, i've just ordered a new Speed Triple RS, hope this doesn't give me the same kind of problems as i couldn't cope with another bad one, its from the same dealer as well and they are not the best anyway but they are the only triumph dealer in Ireland.

21. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    I've had my 1050RS since April and have 1800 miles on it. I know two people, both on this forum who have problems with their RS, one a flickering TFT screen and the second, a two time failed rear brake light switch, which is a problem as it effects mode selection and cruise control.
    Personally, I've had no problems, though it did take me a little while to get used to the shift assist. Got to say that I love the bike. Having used it for a little commuting, quite a few weekend rides out with friends and one weekend away. I'd have no concerns over riding it for longer distances, South of France for example.
    T

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Its luck of the draw . Met someone who had got an rs aswell he had a new screen and indicators. Had heated grips fitted aswell the standard of installation has to be seen to be believed.
    When it goes the bike is class i just think the build quality isnt the best .

23. Jonboro

Jonboro Member

May 2, 2018
    Middlesbrough
    Its luck of the draw . Met someone who had got an rs aswell he had a new screen and indicators. Had heated grips fitted aswell the standard of installation has to be seen to be believed.
    When it goes the bike is class i just think the build quality isnt the best .

24. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    This is the same as me. I had a Multistrada and it needed a full engine rebuild before 10k miles. That was the major fault but also numerous smaller ones.

I got shot at a loss to me and traded ‘down’ to a 14 plate Speed Triple S. Never had a problem in the couple of years I had it. I’ve just bought the RS and now at 1200 miles, no problems yet! The finish seems just as good but I suppose only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2