Featured Speed Triple Rs Canada

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Luke_88, Jun 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Luke_88

Luke_88 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Canada
    Finally got em here up North!!After waiting over 3 months, picked mine up June 7th. Had the dealer prep it same day and rode away well after 9pm. Couldn’t be happier with my choice. What a machine!! I can’t stop smiling

5E4D6BED-4266-44F7-BD1B-D72A1575F451.jpeg

99D5780A-EE51-4953-B418-228D9935EE94.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Absolutely stunning, congrats mate ! I went round toTriumph this morning, official launch is next week, test drive booked for Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    What a fabulous looking bike, I’m not jealous one bit, oh no not me :rolleyes: You’re going to have so much fun on that.
    Have you seen the post about the issues one member had when his RS went for its first service? Might be worth mentioning it to the dealer when you go in. Enjoy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Such a lovely bike - congratulations :heart_eyes:

The spec looks exactly the same as the UK version, except for one thing - the absolutely mahoosive indicators. Is there a regulation that prohibits slimline LEDs over there?

5. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Awesome bike!
    Have tons of fun on it... :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I see you rated my post as funny but what I was trying to say was one of our members had an issue when he went for his first service. Something went wrong when the tech fired up the bike after the oil had been changed. A vacuum in the oil system meant the oil warning light remained on. The upshot was he rejected the bike, and Triumph issued a memorandum to all dealers recommending a revised way of changing the oil and filter. Wanted to make you aware so if by chance the dealer hasn’t had the memo you could mention it. Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke_88

Mar 21, 2018
    Canada
    I know! They stick out like a sore thumb! I intend to swap them for LED indications ASAP. Yes, it’s a US/Canada régulation issue...
    Does the UK version come with heated grips? Mine didn’t. I ordered the kit though.

8. Luke_88

Mar 21, 2018
    Canada
    I appreciate the reminder, I just read that post. I’ll be sure to mention it to the dealer though. Also, it’s good to hear that Triumph stands by their warranty stipulations

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    No heated grips as standard in the UK. Ours come with slimmish LEDs, with an option for even slimmer ones (which I fitted).

I presume you have the baffled Arrow cans too - this bothered me to start with (as they were removable on my previous 2016), but as I'm working through the running in period, I'm liking the stock sound more and more. First decent run after the oil service this afternoon and she's smoother and absolutely flies (even limiting it to 7,000rpm for my 700 miles).

Enjoy your bike - it will get better and better as you break it in :yum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luke_88

Mar 21, 2018
    Canada
    Good choice! Yes the baffles are in, but the dealer did say that the cans get louder with time. I’m satisfied with the grunt as is
    Question for you UK owners. My dealer can’t order the LED indicators through Triumph since they’re not ‘’ legal’’ here. Any idea as to how I could get a set from Triumph UK shipped over?

11. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Somebody could buy them on your behalf and ship them to you. You’ll need the matching relay as well or they’ll flash twice as fast.

12. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Some of the UK dealers advertise parts on ebay (or go direct to their web site), I imagine they would ship them for a covering fee.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    Great looking bike Luke, enjoy! :)

• Like Like x 1