Speed Triple Rs - Add On Accessories, Which Ones To Get?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SpeedyRS, Jun 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    #1 SpeedyRS, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a new speed triple RS this month and was wondering what add on accessories you were glad you ended up getting, or which ones you wish you didn't get? There are so many too choose from! :eek:

I'm open to any after market equivalents that are a better quality / finish.

I would also like to hear of any mods that is a must on the RS... :imp:

Edit - Also, has anyone decatted their RS... if so, where did you purchase the link pipe from please?

Really looking forward to hearing from you all :)

Cheers :blush:

2. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    Good bike choice. In my opinion the quickshifter is brilliant and I wouldn't be without it. An Evotech tail tidy really makes the bik
    Great bike choice, I definitely wouldn't be without the quickshifter it's transformed the way you ride it in my opinion. An Evotech tail tidy makes the bike look very clean. I added a triumph flyscreen easy fit and looks good and does make a difference when going quick. Heated grips fitted by triumph is a very nice setup and just added an SC project S1 GP titanium exhaust which makes the bike look superb and saves a load of weight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Hi Bg357,

Thanks for the reply mate, will make notes

Did you decat it as well bud?

It'll be nice to see some photos of your bike and the upgraded exhaust, if you have any

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    Didn't decat, I did on my fireblade but it's not as simple on a triumph. 103db with the baffle in and very loud out. Just had my first year service at triumph and they said the the fueling etc was good so no remap or anything needed. Filtering became a lot easier. The sc can weighs 2kg so you save I think it's 16kg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    20190503_204639.jpg

20190503_204624.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Looks absolutely stunning mate, how much in total did that cost you, if you dont mind me asking? Also, i couldnt get a picture from the side with the whole bike in please

7. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Tamworth
    Congrats on the new bike mate .... bought mine in January and love it ! I bought the R&G tail tidy .. and hate it ! lol ! Will be swapping to the Evotec one ASAP ! Fly screen is nice, easy to put on and gives a nice finishing touch (also darker than in any photo you'll see) other than that, so far put on R&G crash protectors, bar ends, engine case, and also lowered the bike with a Lust Racing kit as I have short legs ! After having the suspension set it's great ..... Also changed tyres to Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 which I prefer for road riding... have fun

• Like Like x 2
  8. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Thanks mate, Really looking forward to I've got to be honest. I currently ride a 62 plate Street triple R, which I really do love! I've put 10,000 social miles on it in just under a year! but like other fellow 675 riders, I find it that little bit flighty in the corners, so hoping the RS is more planted... really can't wait to see how much better the RS is, especially coming from no electronics at all :)

Thanks for your tips BikerDave! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    500 quid delivered, I ordered on a satui found when changing to a bike with the electronics it's definitely different. You can ride it a lot harder than a 1000 without. I find I ride it like a 600,the electronics sort things out. I was riding it in the Isle of man last month and it was brilliant, so have fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Rad guards!
    I find Supercorsa for the roads a bit overkill, great on track but I changed mine to Rosso 3 which I’ve used on many bikes and are a great road tyre you can still track.
    Heated grips are very neat and have a icon on the dash when on, changed to a Sc can as well and it sounds lovely with the baffle in

F8ECAFC3-1BFA-4FB7-9A44-BB9FC9EEFD6F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Cheers andy, the bike looks great bud

12. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Cheers andy, the bike looks great bud

13. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Welcome! Cut the baffle out, it transforms the bike. Have a look at my mods thread, I don’t regret any of the mods. They’re all must haves imo. The only regret I have is that I didn’t cut the baffle out sooner. Leave the discs in though, as it’s loud enough that way. You can always cut them out if you want your ears to bleed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Cheers Steve, I'll Will definitely head over to check your mods thread! Cut the baffles out? Or just unscrew them like in most bikes?

15. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    You can’t just unscrew them, they have been welded in. There is a huge thread on this site showing how to remove them, but I did it a little differently without removing the carbon end caps. I used a dremel with one inch cutting discs (about 12 discs) and cut off about 1/8 of an inch of the end of the pipe. To ensure there was no damage to the carbon end cap, I slid a pice of tin between the pipe and the carbon where I was cutting and moved it along as I continued around the pipe. I hope that makes sense. This makes the job very easy and takes about an hour to complete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I tried to upload a recording of the exhaust note, but the file is too large. There’s probably a way to do it but I’m too old to try to figure it out LOL. Trust me on this one, cut the baffles out you won’t regret it.

17. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Here are a few photos, best I can do sorry:confused:.

9B7AE785-5CC8-4C21-B63B-8D0951DEC643.jpeg

E89317EF-489D-4019-8D84-F4C2F86E9A70.jpeg

A6496BFA-8D68-49F4-8BD4-DD4D6193309D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Looks good bud put my deposit down yesterday, so waiting for the bike to be delivered this month now :D managed to get the dealer to put the shift assist, fly screen, heated grips, colour coordinated seat cowl and carbon tank infill on her for free.. so thats a bonus :p Can you send a picture before it was taken out please Steve? I dont know what im working with untill i get the bike see. Cheers

19. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Sorry but I’m confused, the Speed RS comes with a fly screen and colour coordinated seat cowl. ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Not in the Uk..

fly screen - £54
    seat cowl - £141

what Accessories do you have to pay for in Canada?