Speed Triple R2016 - Low Boy Exhaust - Map

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Blueskip, Jun 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blueskip

Blueskip Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Paris
    Hi there,

I'm considering installing a low position single exhaust such as the arrow 3:1 lowboy. The arrow has been my favorite so far, but since it implies a catalyst removal, I still want my bike to remain road legal (insurance questions, possible tricky conversations with cops, etc..). I have the arrow high position as of today.

That being said, I'm considering a SC project oval, low position. Does anyone has a feedback about them? Throttle response, sound, mfg quality, lead time for delivery, etc..

Then this leads me to think:
    no cat = more airflow. Cat still in: similar airflow to stock, Shorter manifold= less restriction than stock..theoretically.
    So, I reckon the arrow lowboy 3:1 engine map is quite specific as it is designed to match a straight/ no cat/ short exhaust system with very minor restiction.
    The other map for the arrow top position is probably tuned for a system that has the same length as stock but with a bit more airflow.

If I mount a lower postion SC Project can, which map would you load?

cheers,

RĂ©mi