Speed Triple R - Suspension Settings Progression Table

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Graham Peters, Aug 31, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Graham Peters

Graham Peters Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Dear all, I was looking to find an adjustment setting between Sport and Track. To make life a little more simple I decided to create this table which maps out all of the options in a progression. So, if you have a passenger a little on the heavy side you could opt for a setting one or two columns to the left of Passenger. Or if you feel Road is a little soft but Sport is too firm you could pick an option in between.

Hope you find it useful.

Graham

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    That is super Graham
    I will have to take a look at my settings and see how they compare

3. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Can you tell me what program you used as I all I see is symbols etc when open on me pad.

Thanks

4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Its saved as a .PDF Acrobat reader should work

5. Gled

Gled Active Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    Thanks Graham,

This should prove useful.

Are these manufacturer recommended settings or are they from your own experimentation?

What setting are you using?
    What do you weigh?

Gled.

6. Graham Peters

Graham Peters Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Gled,

These are the manufacture's settings. All I have done is plot the progression from mild (Road) to firm (Track) so that you can pick a point that suits you without being limited to the three the factory have chosen to list.

Please note that I have attached an new .pdf. This one excludes the 'Passenger' setting as it was distorting the Solo settings.

You will also see that I have added the labels TS, TR & SR. These are the midway points between the settings, should be self explanatory. I included these to help you chose the setting that best suit you. For example if Track is too harsh and Sport is too soft then start with TS and vary from there.

Regarding the Speed Triple R and its suspension, I raced for many years and find that the factory settings are very close to the mark. I'm 6'2" and 80kg, probably a little taller and heavier than the average factory test rider, hence the preparation of the attached .pdf. I should say that in talking about the suspension I'm also talking about the tyres too. The tyres have the level of grip that remind me of slicks 12 years ago, which is the last time I was on a race track. I should also say that at 57 and with osteoporosis, for me to feel confident in dragging my knee around a racetrack on a road bike is a big vote of confidence in this bike and the Track suspension settings and tyres.

Graham

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Gled

Gled Active Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    Hi Graham,

Thanks for coming back to confirm this. I've had my Speed Triple for a couple of months now and I'm really happy with the stock set up. However as a lifelong tinkerer I'm impelled to try tweaking the setup. Your work on this should take a lot of guesswork out of it.

Thanks for making the effort and sharing.

Gled.

8. Andrew Wettergreen

Andrew Wettergreen New Member

Dec 6, 2022
    Cape Town
    Hi Graham,
    Need some clarity please:
    The dials show a positive and a negative. Clockwise is +, and a - anti clockwise - Im trying to understand your table, If i start from zero, the more clicks clockwise equates to harder or softer ? Andrew

9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    It looks like he last visited the forum almost 5 years ago, so may not see this.....

10. Andrew Wettergreen

Andrew Wettergreen New Member

Dec 6, 2022
    Cape Town
    Thanks Graham....