Speed Triple quickshifter...

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by no-way, Aug 8, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. no-way

no-way New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Beds
    Hi all, just signed up and look forward to having some bike chat!

I've just bought a Speed Triple, and its come pretty much fully loaded. It's got a quickshifter fitted, but everywhere I've read people have struggled getting them on the Speed Triple, anyone else have one installed, and has it been okay for you?

I've been using it, and its working fine, but don't understand why people seem to be having trouble.

Thanks,

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi welcome to the forum and congratulations on buying your Speed Triple. Heard of plenty of quick shifters being fitted to the Street Triple which in my opinion has a more slick gearbox than the Speed.
    What make of quick shifter is it and who fitted yours? I think the only thing that would worry me is what it does to the long term wear on the gearbox as I put quite a few miles on my bikes.
    Hope you get chance to post a few pictures up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. no-way

no-way New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Beds
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, i've seen lots of them on the street triple. It's a HM quickshifter, so not cheap. No expense seems to have been spared on this beauty.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. no-way

no-way New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Beds
    #4 no-way, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    I did try and post before, so it might end up here at some point but...

Its a HM quickshifter, so not cheap by any means, even so, I can't see anyone thats had one of them installed before.

I bought the bike off my uncle, he had it for 3 years and put 1k on the clock, the guy who had it from new was a Triumph techie and put all sorts of toys on it.

[​IMG]

5. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Personally I've never seen the need unless you use it on the track, but that's just me...

6. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Welcome no way, nice bike love those wheels.

• Like Like x 1