Speed Triple - Fork Seals / Parts Compatability

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Ridebjj, Sep 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ridebjj

Ridebjj Member

Aug 4, 2021
    The hot hot desert
    Hello.

I have discovered the left fork on my 2011 S3 is leaking. The film trick to clean it out hasn't worked.

OK, no big deal - I have done seal replacements before on other bikes.

But, I am having a hell of a time figuring out which parts are compatible and where to get them. It's the base model, non R, which I believe means Showa forks. The inner tube has a ~43mm Dia.

I'm in the USA which means no one around here carries parts, so I must order them.

Is there cross over on the parts from earlier, sub 2010 models? Or the street triple, or even non triumphs? I would have thought these same forks would be used in all kinds of other bikes.

The oil and dust seals are somewhat less confusing to find than the bushings and other rebuild parts, which I would like to at least understand where to source from.

For example, all balls sells a zillion different sets on eBay, but they all have the same part# despite being labeled for varying models and years. I can't even find any oem versions anywhere but a few euro sites.

Are there some universal showa part numbers, or some other unknown to me secret to figuring this out?

Thanks muchly.