Speed Triple Color Scheme 2019

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Arno triple, Jun 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    18BF4C98-CCC4-444A-BC46-842D1D066D2D.jpeg as you might have read, I’m in the market for a new speedy. Looking at the new color schemes for 2019, favoring the Matt black one before, I got scared sh*t when looking at the fluo yellow one... fortunately I can order a model 2018, last of two ones available. What do you think of the new color?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Looks alright, but is it gloss or matt black? I’m not a fan of the matt paint, me likey shiney. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Imo it Looks horrific matey, dont know what triumph are thinking..... get the older scheme.

IMG-20190507-WA0000.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    I looked at them last week when I took my 2018 in for service imo I would definitely go for 2018 paint scheme. Even the white which I have I think is better in the 18. I was tempted by the matt black but the demo I rode only had 200 miles on it and marks were on the tank and I couldn't find an easy way to get the marks out so white for the white. Either way you will love the bike it's brilliant...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. winrow3745

winrow3745 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Cheshire
    I went last year to a dealer nearby to test ride the 2018. I loved the bike but I am not a fan of any Matt paint (on a vehicle) and wasn't overly in love with the white. Funnily enough I'm not a fan of white on vehicles either.

So I asked the salesman if they were planning new colours and he said not as they've never had any complaints about colour scheme choice. So I was stood there lusting over the metallic red 2017 S model they had in there and another guy who had come in part ex his 2017 for the RS model said exactly the same thing. The salesman just looked over at me sheepishly.

I had high hopes for new colour options but these two latest colours make me think I should have just bought one of the 2018s. In comparison they are soon much classier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Shite really!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bg357

Bg357 Active Member

Apr 30, 2018
    UK
    The RS in red would be superb

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    I love the matt paint on the rs but i really do baby the bike, i dont even let people look at it incase they scratch it with their eye laser :joy:

when i get sick I'll design my graphic and get a custom paint job done.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    It’s Matt, and a matter of taste, that’s for sure. Personally? I love the Matt black 18 model. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. VillanJC

VillanJC New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Southampton
    I went to the dealer today and the white 2019, to me, looks great in the flesh.
    The black one....not so much!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. VillanJC

VillanJC New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Southampton
    I went to the dealer today and the white 2019, to me, looks great in the flesh.
    The black one....not so much!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    In my opinion it no longer looks classy. Looks like something you would see on a Yamaha MT 09.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    Diablo red... all the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. matt black

matt black New Member

Feb 2, 2019
    halifax
    havent seen one in the flesh but shows a vast lack of imagination from triumph,it degrades a premium product. for me a deep gloss black with a hint of pearlescent and gold wheels would float my boat i have the matte black rs. personally i think when triumph updated the new model in 2018 i think the styling budget ie colour schemes had allready been blown elsewhere. great machine though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Speed Triple RS Aus

Speed Triple RS Aus New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Australia
    Honestly, talk about ruin a great looking rig....I had a Matt Black 18 RS, looked back more that I should have, and never had any issues with marking the tank. Sadly, the bikes gone, and I’m almost ready to buy the next one, but there’s zero chance I’ll be buying the new one. I wonder if they have Fluro leathers to match the new scheme

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paul haigh

Paul haigh New Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Colchester
    I love the colour as I have recently bought this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1