Speed Triple Bar end Mirrors..???

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Craig H-M., Jun 14, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Craig H-M.

Craig H-M. New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Hi,
    Just joined the forum today after picking up my Speed Triple R 94 at the weekend. However I find the mirrors pretty useless as I can't seem to see past my elbows. So what are your thoughts on Bar End mirrors???. Are they any good??...

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi and welcome in. I have bar ends on my thruxton and they work fine for me, 2 slight draw backs are that they make filtering in traffic a little more hazardous, you can fold them up though. And secondly it's more of a head movement ,rather than a glance, to check what's behind you

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #3 thebiglad, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  4. Craig H-M.

Craig H-M. New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Thank you Gents,
    It appears the best thing to do is just give em a go...

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hey Craig, when you're looking for bar-ends, make sure you know what size bars you've got. Either 7/8th inch or 1 inch diam.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Craig H-M.

Craig H-M. New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Thanks for the heads up Buddy. Will do..

7. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Welcome Craig, have a look at mirror extenders (around £10) - puts them out and up a tad if you decide to keep the normal setup

8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I've got an 07 and 2011 SIII. I put up with standard mirrors for years on the 07 - really good if you have attractive elbows! When I saw the 2011 with bar end mirrors I thought that they'd be the first thing to go but in reality they're brilliant! Just bear in mind the couple of points from thebiglad, above.

9. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I've got them on mine I love em image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Staffordshire
    Hi I have one fitted on the right, brill you can see behind you rather than elbows. Just waiting to buy one for the left, best go for triumph make at £95 worth it.

11. Craig H-M.

Craig H-M. New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Thanks for all the replys guy's. Met a guy at our local bike meet last week who had a set and swore by them. So it looks as though it is the way to go....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dave M

Dave M New Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Wiltshire
    I got some of these and they work great. Only about 4cm long, but just enough to make the mirrors useful. Cost under a tenner including post.