Speed Triple 2016 - Supercorsa Tyres Pressure

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Blueskip, Nov 25, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blueskip

Blueskip Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Paris
    Hi everyone,

I ride a 2016' S3R fitted with the OEM Supercorsas V2.
    According to the Speed triple manual, the recommended tyre pressures are 2.3 on the front and 2.9 on the rear, for road use. This is what I use and so far so good for what I do.

Now, after looking at Pirelli's website, the recommended pressures are somewhat lower for the front (2.0-2.2) , but way lower for the rear (1.6-1.8) !!
    https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb.../sheet/diablo-supercorsa-sp#/technical-advice

It looks to me that the pressures recommended by triumph are more relevant for a road use where tyres will hardly warm up, and to prevent a ridiculously quick wear of these £££ supercorsas.

Is anyone able to explain why there is so much difference for the rear pressure?

thanks!

Rémi

2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    The data sheet you have referenced looks to be for Track use, where the application is more severe, as I don't know many people who use tyre warmers on their road bikes

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Track pressures are too extreme for road use, but many Speed3 riders tend to drop pressures a tad. I'm running Metzeler M7RR at 32psi front / 36 rear.
    Personally wasn't a fan of Supercorsa's when cold or wet (plus wear pretty quick).

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Be aware lower pressures require a little longer warm up.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    How do you figure that? Running them a bit softer results in a bit more flex of the carcass making them warm up faster. As an example have you ever felt an under inflated tyre on your car, it will be much warmer than any others that are at the “correct” higher pressure.

6. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    On a cold wet day like today, the pressures ares irrelevant as SuperCorsas will never warm up, The traction control system will be working overtime though ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blueskip

Blueskip Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Paris
    That's quite true, I experienced a 3 seconds long intervention of the traction control while rolling on the throttle too enthusiastically the other day. I was on the motorway under the rain. I was truly amazed how smoothly the electronics kicked in, you can barely feel any wobble when it switches on and off. It was much more blunt with my previous bike (bmw)

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Warm up from rest to working pressure, not work at a higher temp