Speed Triple 2011 Ignition

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dave Cory, Aug 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Cory

Dave Cory New Member

Aug 12, 2020
    Devon
    Hi, I’ve had my 2011 Speed Triple for a year now, I rode it up to my mates house, left it for an hour and when I went to start it it was like the battery was dead, nothing came up on the dashboard, no lights or anything. I loosened off the battery terminal to attach a charger and I saw the immobiliser light flash brightly so I turned the ignition and it all lit up fine as a fully charged battery, I then attempted to start it and nothing happened and everything went out again, now it’s gone back to the dash not lighting up at all again and no amount of fiddling with the terminals or relays helps!! When I turn the key all I get is a very faint buzzing from what I believe is the starter relay. I’ve not had the this before and I’m pretty confident the battery is good.
    HELP please.

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Try a new battery.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave Cory

Dave Cory New Member

Aug 12, 2020
    Devon
    I wasn’t sure whether it was the battery because there was no sign at all of it deteriorating but the AA bloke came and tested it and YEP it was the battery, new one on now and it seems fine thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1