Speed Triple 2011 Dash Probs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mliu, Oct 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mliu

mliu New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    London
    I've just replaced my Speed triple dash with a 2nd hand unit after mine was stolen from my bike.
    Unfortuneately the new unit's ABS and Engine Management Light are on permenantly.
    I don't have ABS on my bike so is this the problem ? Are there seperate dash units for ABS version bikes or do they all share the same unit ? The engine management light (and everything else) was fine prior to the theft of the old unit and the bike had just been serviced.

Thanks

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there,
    I would suspect that yes, because there is no signal going to the abs (in the speedo), thats why it's/they are on.
    Welcome to the forum btw!

3. mliu

mliu New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    London
    Ok thanks...makes sense. I just wasn't sure if they'd actually made different dashes or whether there's just a shared unit and you could somehow disable the ABS function. Otherwise I'll have to return it and find a non ABS version ?

4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Someone will be along soon who will probably know for sure and can help you out.

5. mliu

mliu New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    London
    Hi ..does anyonyone know if there are actually 2 versions of this dash (a non ABS & an ABS version) or just one and if you can disable the ABS function on it if it is already enabled.

The replacement I've fitted has the ABS light on as I don't have ABS !

Many thanks