Speed Triple 1jak Query

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Mr Bad Guy, Oct 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mr Bad Guy

Mr Bad Guy New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Uk
    Has anyone got/used the 1jak lifting stand?
    I ask, as I bought one earlier this week. Beautiful bit of kit, but appears to be bloody useless.
    It appears I have to remove the rear/top engine mounting bolt, & fit the adaptor in its place. All very well & good. But as it’s not a captive nut at the back, & my hands are too big to get in & fit a loose nut to a thread. How the hell is it done? Maybe I’m missing something obvious?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #2 Adie P, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    I have two 1Jac stands - one each for the 'Mr. & Mrs.' Street Triples in the family.

upload_2019-10-11_19-43-21.jpeg

They are - IMHO - THE BUSINESS! I had, originally,opted for a slightly cheaper version - ostensibly from a German company but probably third party manufactured - and was really not impressed by the construction quality so I cut my losses, returned them to Germany, bit the bullet and bought the "real thing". They're a world apart. More expensive but much more worthwhile.

I had problems with building and setting up the stands and I have to say that the support that I then got from 1Jac was just superb. They took a LOT of time explaining everything by phone; they contacted another customer with a similar year Street Triple and got her to send me some photo's, and they were seemingly quite willing to call round and offer hands on assistance - had I been rather more local than the 250 miles or so that does separate us!

I still haven't got around to adjusting the stands so that they hold the bike level but that's not a problem at this moment in time and can wait until I have some spare time. As it is, the stands lift the bike clear of the ground, allow both wheels to turn unimpeded - great for cleaning - and allow me to spin the bikes around in little more than their own length which, in my rather messy man cave, is a real blessing.

My hopes that the stand would allow SWMBO to ride in; hoist it up; spin it around and be ready to ride it out didn't quite work out since she is afraid of the rather precarious process of holding the bike and lifting the stand slightly into the correct position before hauling on the lift handle to raise the bike. I can understand her apprehension - it still fills me with some real trepidation as the bike leans away from the stand as you raise the lifting mecanism - but, if you go onto youtube you'll see a video of the maker/inventor demonstrating one at a bike show and he hoists up a big sports bike, spins the hoisted bike around before standing on the footpeg on the opposite side to the stand ..... and he ain't exactly sylph-like!! Have to say that I haven't plucked up the courage to go quite that far but the bike does seem remarkably stable when on the stand.

My one "beef" with the 1Jac is that it would make life so much easier for the new owner if they - the makers, that is - could suggest which fitting holes in the back plate would be best suited to which particular bike. As it is, it's not, if I recall correctly, terribly clear what are the optimum setup positions for initial build. On the Street it requires one of the engine mounting bolts (the top one, I think) to be pulled out and turned around - the nut being replaced with a "cup" fitting supplied with the stand and I can't recall this process being particularly problematic.

My suggestion would be for you to phone Chris Hiles (?) at 1Jac and ask for some advice. He really is most helpful and patient - if he can't solve it I'd be most surprised.

Good luck. Stick with it - I'm sure you'll find it worth it in the end.

EDIT : p.s. if the nut you're worried about is the top engine mount you should find that it is replaced by the adaptor so no need to get in and fit a loose nut? You just discard the original nut.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #3 Eldon, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Adie P - I think its Chris Hines who's their sales guy.
    And like you said, when I had one for my Honda, the top bolt came out, swapped sides and the tube nut replaced the original.

Edit;
    Apologies Adie P you were correct, Chris Hiles.
    I too found him very helpful although that was 6 years or so ago.

4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve got a 1Jac stand too that I originally bought for my Panigale and now use for my Daytona.
    As Adie says, they’re top quality and much better than the cheaper versions.
    I can also vouch for Chris Hiles being a great bloke too, very helpful.