Speed Triple 1200rr For My First Triumph

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by jimrr, Feb 16, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jimrr

jimrr New Member

Feb 16, 2023
    Bristol
    Hi everyone. I'm turning 55 soon, and I've not ridden for 12years, but my riding buddy never stopped and has been on at me for a few years to get back on the saddle.

I had decided on a Daytona 675R for a road and track day bike. Then I decided a Street Triple 765RS would be more comfortable, and I do think it's the most sensible option.

But now I've got the 1200RR on my mind, I'm trying to convince myself that it won't be uncomfortable. I should know, as the the weight and geometry is nearly identical to my last bike: a 2001 GSXR1000. And what's the worst that could happen? If I don't get on with it I can sell it and get something different next year!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    The only answer here is a taking a test ride? And, don't forget that you can get a VERY good discount on these now as they haven’t sold as well as they expected. Great to look at!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimrr

jimrr New Member

Feb 16, 2023
    Bristol
    A test ride would be sensible, but I don't have any gear yet and there are bargains to be had ! Once it warms up and the sun comes out the prices might go back up.

4. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Hi and welcome, they're certainly a good - looking bike!

5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I have a 2019 765rs and it is a great bike that will do everything.
    Try one and you might surprise yourself.

20190630_104651.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. jimrr

jimrr New Member

Feb 16, 2023
    Bristol
    Yep, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy on a Street 765. But I've got an urge! Also my new neighbour and his mates all have BIG bikes Diavel, Tuono etc and he keeps saying Bigger Bigger :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! ;)

8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome. If I were you I would not be influenced by your mates, you have to go with you heart and buy what you want. Test ride the bikes and then make your mind up. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shaun Hartigan

Shaun Hartigan New Member
    Subscriber

Feb 12, 2023
    Surrey, UK
    Should have gone to the MCN Bike show, last weekend. You'd have been spoilt for choice and got all kitted out at a great discount price.
    I bought a new lid there, yesterday, all ready for when I collect my new Street Triple R next week (my first Triumph also @ 68 yrs)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark cz

Mark cz New Member

Dec 7, 2022
    land o lakes Fl
    I didn't ride for almost 20yrs and bought a Triumph Bobber . Nice bike ,but I found myself trying to keep up with sport bikes .So ,I have a 1200RR . Love it .Best bike ever ,I rode and I raced a ZX- 9 and Zx6 in 2000 and 2001 . Restoring my old ZX11 now . I can keep up with the young kids ,but those old guys who did not quit riding ,I am having trouble keeping up with in the corners . I think I am going fast ,but they are unbeleivable . They are still doing track days ,also .

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Greetings from Lincolnshire.