Speed Triple 1050 Rs (2020) - Traction Control Query

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rimbo, Dec 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Evening all

whilst out on a quick ride today, I had a little spin on the back wheel. Not heavy acceleration, but a spin and a slip. Spoke to a mate who was with me and he mentioned that I must have the traction control off. Obvious stuff I guess, but I can’t find a TC indicator light anywhere. The handbook mentions it but doesn’t say where it is. I checked all the indicators in the handbook and it’s not there! Am I going mad????

cheers

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I've definitely seen a yellow light flashing on the dash exiting corners before. Couldn't tell you exactly where it is though. TC is on by default in all modes but you can go into the menus and turn it off manually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    The TC cannot be permanently disabled. If it has been turned off it will automatically be turned back on for the next ride when the ignition is switched off. The TC indicator lights should be along the top of the dash along with other warning lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Excellent thanks both for your help.

• Like Like x 1